Hey UG, I need a bit of help. Basically my main problem is that my two hands kind of seem to have a gap in improvement. Whenever I try to play somehting more in the advanced category, my right hand is not able to keep up to the picking, yet my left hand has little to no issues. To give you an example, with my left hand only I can do some three string sweeps at pretty high tempos through only legato, yet if I try to incorporate my right hand into the motion, it dramatically slows me down.

Basically,I need some help/exercises bringing up my right hand to speed

Thanks in advance guys
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
The issue isn't the "speed" of either hand but co-ordination. You need to slow down and work your way up using both hands and making sure you're absolutely co-ordinated and clean.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
if you want to improve the speed of your right hand simply get a metronome and set it to 50bpm, try playing any one note as sixteenth notes, don't wory about changing the note, infact that won't help in any way. as you get better move it up 10bmp, and so on till you can easily play sixteenth notes on one string.

now do this with two strings, switching strings every note...... it should look something like this:

A|-----0---0--
E|--0----0----

the only catch is to do this with two variations, the first with inside picking, so it would be upstroke, down stroke, upstroke if you are fallowing the example above (the pick would be inbetween the two strings before picking), the next variation would be with outside picking, until you can go very quickly..... try being able to do sicteenth notes at 180bpm..... not insanely difficult, but it should help....

finally do this while skipping strings, something like this:

D|-----0---0--
A|-------------
E|--0----0----

when you can do these things try adding a scale to each of them..... it shouldn't be too dificult after that, again move slowly and work your way up........
thanks krypticguitar87, that seems really helpful
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

How many of you thought of something dirty when you saw the title?
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by Snowman388
How many of you thought of something dirty when you saw the title?

had I posted in the pit, I'd understand why you saw that, but I posted in guitar techniques...
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51