Page 1 of 2
mtv made is at our highschool turning a girl into a rockstar. so she is staring a band and auditions are tommorow. this girl doesnot talk to anyone and likes avril lavigne. what should i play at the audition for best chance of success. ive pondered everything from stairway to heaven, to hot for teacher, to little wing and weezer. any suggestions?
Jackie_ jackson dxmg
debby_dean cherry burst v
rhonda_dean dime razorback

boss gt-3
play something technical so she know you got the chops to be in a band.
Playing since december 2004
Quote by BloodMoon666

*sports commentator voice*
And this thread is over!

Wonderful match by TS but in the end simply overwhelmed by the pure skill and simplicity of unfluffed. A true professional in action.
Sum 41/Avril Lavinge if she's into that shit.

Failing that, give them your best Dimmu.

Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
avril lavigne....
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
death metal such as necrophagist, the faceless, or blood red throne
little wing. I LOVE that song. Im currently making my own version of it. its in my opinion one of the BEST songs ever made
Well you could either play one of your most technical songs and hope she appreciates it, or play something easy and pop-punky and maybe she'll just be like "o hes awsum he plays sum 41!"

I'd probably recommend Sum 41-The Hell song or the Offspring-The Kids Aren't Alright or something if you want her to pick you, but I'd personally just play my best song.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by cainmd
death metal such as necrophagist, the faceless, or blood red throne

This.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
Sum 41.

It's in the same ballpark as Avril. Well...kind of. Not really. But she'll know it.

And the stuff Dave wrote back when he was still in the band is pretty damn impressive guitar-wise.

So you should have chops and repertoire taken care of.
I assume that MTV and not some tone deaf girl who's never played an instrument will be picking the band mates so go for technical.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I assume that MTV and not some tone deaf girl who's never played an instrument will be picking the band mates so go for technical.

Judging from their programming, I assume that MTV doesn't even know what music is.

edit: Realistically, if you can't rap or you can play more than 3 chords and look like a pretty boy, you have ZERO chance.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Why don't you play something like Avril Lavigne, but add a sweet technical solo?
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Ask her what she likes. Don't say you already know. Learn Avril Lavigne song. But also learnt something technical.

"I can play this, but to demonstrate the fact I can play more technical, difficult stuff and other genres, I've also learnt this"

It'll show dedication
tap: people who dont play are always like OMG!
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by awesomo41894
little wing. I LOVE that song. Im currently making my own version of it. its in my opinion one of the BEST songs ever made

+!
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
I think you should play something fast as warm up for 20 seconds (let's say No speak - At vance intro cos it's nice and fast). Then play something mainstream as actual performance.

Be sure you look nice, cos I bet that appearance will be very important for those guys!
Signatures are overrated.
Play something by Justin Bieber. He is all the rage right now.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Cryptopsy - Slit Your Guts
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
get a white shirt and with a marker write UGFTW on it so we can see you!
GENERIC SIGNATURE
Quote by Pencil Man
Judging from their programming, I assume that MTV doesn't even know what music is.

edit: Realistically, if you can't rap or you can play more than 3 chords and look like a pretty boy, you have ZERO chance.

D'aaaaaawwwwww....someone's angry at the man :3
Wook at him wave his wittle arms and rant about big bad MTV :3
Its probably already scripted by the way. Part of the story is she probably has a crush on some guy who plays guitar and shes gonna pick him to be in the band. But it could be you! :0

When Made did 2 episodes from my high school, they had these people who just followed the girl around and told her what to say and what her friends should do etc. I mean obviously there are grains of truth in it, but they edit so much and control so much that its not really what it seems.

Although to be fair they probably had to edit out me and my friends thousands of times >_>
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by dylan08

+1000000000000000
Play the bass, no one else will. No competition that way.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
They've already made about 3 "made" with girls trying to become rockstars...they never do
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by Pencil Man

hahahasnarfsnarf MTV doesn't know what music is because they play music that is so mainstream and pop any you only listen to bands that are so not on TV because that's cool snarfsnarf

**** off you cuntnugget.

Classic rockers like you make my nuts churn.
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Sep 29, 2010,
Technical grindcore.

^waheeyoo.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Last edited by frnzd at Sep 29, 2010,
the answer is:
Technical Difficulties
and +1 for the UGFTW t-shirt idea
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by dylan08

Please do this.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
MTV get off the air by Dead Kennedys of course .

Yes, this.

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
hahahasnarfsnarf MTV doesn't know what music is because they play music that is so mainstream and pop any you only listen to bands that are so not on TV because that's cool snarfsnarf

**** off you cuntnugget.

Shut the fuck up.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

**** off you cuntnugget.

Listen here shit for brains, MTV stands for MUSIC TELEVISION. I sure as hell don't see any god damn shows relating to mainly music, do you!? Any ****ing moron can make a beat and some rhyming stanzas and call it a song, but real music involves determination, resolve, a willing to put forth a contribution to music. Not some half-assed attempt just to look like a god damn failure/stereotype in whatever genre. They might as well rename themselves STV for SHIT TV! **** Jersey Shore, **** 16 & Pregnant, **** Sweet 16, and **** the newer CEOs for their ruination of what used to be a great program. You best get your head out of your ass and realize soon, or else a buttload of people will troll you for a close-minded statement.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to listen to something that ISN'T played on the radio because I am frankly ****ing sick of listening to Lady Gaga, Eminem, and Lady Antebellum. Peace.
Quote by kacper_j

Shut the fuck up.

TBH there's a fair amunt of truth in what he just said

And MTV2 makes that comment redundant anywho.

Quote by SadusAttack
Listen here shit for brains, MTV stands for MUSIC TELEVISION. I sure as hell don't see any god damn shows relating to mainly music, do you!? Any ****ing moron can make a beat and some rhyming stanzas and call it a song, or else a buttload of people will troll you for a close-minded statement.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to listen to something that ISN'T played on the radio because I am frankly ****ing sick of listening to Lady Gaga, Eminem, and Lady Antebellum. Peace.

Paraphrased for irony.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Last edited by cliff_em_all at Sep 29, 2010,
something joe satriani like satch boogie or into the light.
into the light is a good song because it shows emotion and technicality.

and if you could pull it off (doubt it) play some buckethead (soothsayer/jordan) would be good.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by cliff_em_all
Paraphrased for irony.

Right..because MTV is SUPPOSED to be about ****ing guidos, 16 year old teens with kids, and spoiled little *****s. Because that's what they were totally going for when they first broadcasted...
I saw that show once and it was the worst thing I'd ever seen. Do yourself a favor and keep yourself respect.
If you really feel the need, Wonder Wall. Crappy song, unless your a dumb ass teenage girl with 0 musical talent and probably the personality of a brick wall!
iwrestledabearonce - Tastes Like Kevin Bacon

OR

Carnifex - Hell Chose Me

Those are your only options. Drop B grindcore OR 7 string madness. Anything else is for newbs.

OT: Play something you think will get their attention. And please, clean yourself up before you do it. Looking good improves your chances (especially for mainstream garbage like MTV)
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Page 1 of 2