No, don't believe in it
2 2%
Sometimes/ When available and convenient
31 32%
Voters: 96.
Page 1 of 2
Do you do it? Why or why not?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Don't have a choice, I can't fit all my crap over two weeks into the bin.

To be fair, I wouldn't mind doing it, if my council didn't make it so bloody hard....
Yes, because there is a separate bin, so I use it.

I've been brainwashed into thinking that every time I throw a plastic bottle into the wrong bin, an AIDS infected child in an african diamond mine dies of malnutrition, and it's all my fault.
I assist my parents to do it, i'm not sure if it does any good or not, but i'm just used to it now.
I do it because I get money back for it, and I like to think I help with something.

Also, it makes me look cool during conversations at first dates:
"Yeah, I totally recycle."
Well, here in Quebec, everybody recycles. So yeah, I recycle.
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by RU Experienced?
Sho nuff, there's no reason not to do it.

Laziness
Apathy
Obnoxiously throwing it in the trash for the sake of it
General hatred for the earth
Quote by RU Experienced?
Sho nuff, there's no reason not to do it.

I heard that for most materials, it takes more energy to recycle them than to make virgin materials, the only notable exception being aluminium.

I don't know how true that is, though.

The thing is, plastic and glass take ages to decompose naturally, so if you don't recycle them, what else are you gonna do with them?
I recycle because of environmental reasons, and it will eventually lower the costs of goods if more people do it.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by blake1221
Laziness
Apathy
Obnoxiously throwing it in the trash for the sake of it
General hatred for the earth

What's scary is people actually use those excuses.
People like that piss me off :/
Quote by Unit 731
What's scary is people actually use those excuses.
People like that piss me off :/

Meh, to each their own. If they don't want to recycle, they don't want to.
Recycling?

seriously though, I usually do, although I don't think it really makes to much of a difference.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I don't recycle, but I reuse disposable stuff.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
i do, when the facilities are there. if they're not then how can i?
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Whenever possible. I'm told it actually takes more energy to recycle a lot of stuff than it does to make it from scratch, but I'm still worried by the ultimately finite amount of stuff there is to make stuff from.
Ex' girlfriends and that's it

Seriously: Yes I do unless it is unreasonably difficult to do so (eg. carrying a bottle around the city for an hour or at work their is no aluminum/paper bin, just cardboard), but i NEVER litter.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
i do but its fvcking annoying,

like wtf they wont take the recycling contents if the recycling box is 6 inches taller then the standard, then ill throw it in the garbage you idiots, city always complaining about seeing cans and paper in the garbage yet they make it a huge hassle to recycle.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Sure. I'm not saying I won't toss a can into a trash bin if a recycling bin isn't nearby, but in general I try to recycle.
Yes, various materials. There's no excuse for me, the recycling station is maybe 1-2 minutes away. I'm pretty sure there's recycling stations that readily avaliable for most people here.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
it's funny, there are so many things in my area that it's really a hassle to recycle. my apartment complex doesnt recycle cardboard and most places on campus dont either, so i take all my cardboard home. we have to sort the cans and bottle ourselves and arent compensated for it.
back when i was in high school we had to pay them to come pick up the recycling and sometimes they wouldnt show up or they wouldnt take it unless the dumpster was filled to the brim.

idk, I feel like enough progress isnt being made.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

i would rather not
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I think it's mental that people don't recycle to be honest. You put shit in a specific bin and then everything will run a little more smoothly. How difficult is that? Even if you don't believe it helps the environment you might as well use shit again, it's an efficient system.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
We have four bins.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Mikewazousky
Recycling paper leads to less trees.

If we all get AIDS, they'll probably invest more in the healthcare system.

I love solving problems.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Yes, of course. Why wouldn't you? Especially when my city collects it and provides bins and bags.
Yes, I normally do.

I always recycle items that are recyclable when I'm home. If I'm not home it just depends on whether there is a place to recycle whatever I may have with me. If I'm walking around town drinking a bottle of water or something like that I'm not going to go around searching for a recycling bin when I finish it. If there is one nearby I'll gladly recycle it, otherwise I'll throw it in the trash.
Page 1 of 2