I have a friend that has a Line 6 TonePort UX8 and when he's recording guitars he can hear himself through the monitors while recording and there's no noise and the recordings always come out pretty good, he uses the same program I use which is Adobe Audition. Now I have an MBox 2 Pro, and I'd like to use Guitar Rig 4 and do the same thing.

I haven't messed with the stock settings, but when I load up Guitar Rig 4 in audition, it doesn't do anything. The program is on, but I get no signal from the DI input, even though when I play through the program itself its just fine. What am I doing wrong?
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Have you gone into preferences/properties and looked at your audio set up??
Quote by musk
Have you gone into preferences/properties and looked at your audio set up??

Yeah man, In all of my 3 DAW's and its all as it should be.

In/Out 1/2 havent been touched, my microphone which is on the same input, just a switch away is working flawlessly. I've even tried it on the other DI input and its the same thing.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

This may sound like a dumb question, but is the software and hardware compatible??
Quote by musk
This may sound like a dumb question, but is the software and hardware compatible??

Well I would imagine so, I mean it records vocals fine, so why wouldn't it record guitars?
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Well I would imagine so, I mean it records vocals fine, so why wouldn't it record guitars?

A question to ponder my friend...

Umm... Have you tried to reboot the program with all the connections plugged in? Or re-booted it with nothing plugged in and then tried adding them manually as you launch each new track?
Sorry man not that familiar with Adobe Audition. I use Ableton, Logic and Reason...

I think it's a compatibility issue, but as you would know by now I am no expert, just trying to help a brother out.
Quote by musk
Sorry man not that familiar with Adobe Audition. I use Ableton, Logic and Reason...

I think it's a compatibility issue, but as you would know by now I am no expert, just trying to help a brother out.

Yeah no problem, thank you though, I've been trying to ask around in other forums as well, so maybe I'll get an answer there.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9