I've been thinking about getting a seven string lately. I thought of the tuning ADADFAD, basically Open D Minor with a low A on it too. Do any of you guys know any bands that use this tuning? I'd be curious to see how they use it. Cheers!
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Quote by reclamation901
divine heresy, deftone..i think...and most of deathcore band use 7 strings

looks like somebody didn't read carefully...

I don't know of any, but I know Devin Townsend uses open C (CGCGCE) for some of his projects, so maybe that would give you some ideas?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Some Opeth songs are in open D minor, mostly on Ghost Reveries I think. They just use the six-string tuning, but you could add in the low A too in certain parts.
Quote by Dayn
Some Opeth songs are in open D minor, mostly on Ghost Reveries I think. They just use the six-string tuning, but you could add in the low A too in certain parts.

That's EXACTLY where I got the inspiration . I love that album, and I really like how they use the tuning, so I was curious if there were any bands that used a seven string version of the tuning.

Also, Nickpocalypse, I ALMOST searched for stuff by "Golf." ALMOST .
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Quote by Nickpocalypse
ADADFAD...

I'd have to say Golf. Golf is definitely ADADFAD.

I'll show myself out.

ICWUTUDIDTHAR

Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by Nickpocalypse
ADADFAD...

I'd have to say Golf. Golf is definitely ADADFAD.

I'll show myself out.

That was ingenius.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by Nico the Great
That's EXACTLY where I got the inspiration . I love that album, and I really like how they use the tuning, so I was curious if there were any bands that used a seven string version of the tuning.

Baying of the Hounds \m/

You could easily incorporate the low A into the particular songs you're mentioning (Opeth ) and it would add a lot of body, imo. Sounds a reasonable idea for a tuning.