Page 1 of 5
They found one near us.

Link
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
oh sure its habitable only its about 20 light-years away!
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Would take far too long to reach at currently achievable speeds. Interesting though
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Interesting, people don't get the wrong idea, this isn't for inhabiting or moving to, it's to see if there is any other life out there.
US astronomers said Wednesday they have discovered an Earth-sized planet that they think might be habitable, orbiting a nearby star, and believe there could be many more planets like it in space.

It's 20 light years away. We're not gonna be able to get anywhere near it for the next century.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Quote by Chris Schementi
Just goes to show we are not special.

Do you really think that we'd have the ONLY habitable planet in an infinite universe?
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
negative posts. In the pit, everything is bad news.

Cool, though.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Terrible for humans
Awesome thoughts for what might be living there. Some form of creature adapted for extreme darkness and cold.....and some creature adapted for extreme heat and light. War?
Quote by :Vicious--
oh sure its habitable only its about 20 light-years away!

20 light years is quite close. The closest star to the Sun is 4 light years, and the galaxy is around 200,000 light years across.
Agile Intrepid 8
S-gear Scuffham Amps
This discovery is similar in so many ways to that of Gliese 581c that it's startling. Only real differences are that Gliese 581g is quite a bit smaller than c and a bit further away. Either way, it's not confirmed to be habitable yet, and it's too far away (in a conventional sense) to even really worry about. It is an interesting discovery, though.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Ya like I'm interested in going someplace that's gonna make me 3 to 4 times heavier than I already am.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
That's not near us.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Terrible for humans
Awesome thoughts for what might be living there. Some form of creature adapted for extreme darkness and cold.....and some creature adapted for extreme heat and light. War?

Nah, would be peaceful man, at least between the two races, there wouldn't be any territory to fight over.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Terrible for humans

Or it's possible they are still at the microscopic level, or not there at all
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by Jackal58
Ya like I'm interested in going someplace that's gonna make me 3 to 4 times heavier than I already am.

You'd also get stronger quicker, or should. Dragon Ball Z explained it to me when Goku died the first time.
Quote by element4433
That's not near us.

Considering the distance from object to object in space, it's near.
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by Jackal58

Hale storms would be pretty bad.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Quote by izbbass
Do you really think that we'd have the ONLY habitable planet in an infinite universe?

A lot of people still actually think we're a rare exception for some reason. But I agree how can we be the only life-sustaining world in such a vast universe?
Agile Intrepid 8
S-gear Scuffham Amps
Quote by Chris Schementi
A lot of people still actually think we're a rare exception for some reason. But I agree how can we be the only life-sustaining world in such a vast universe?

Or the only life. But I doubt we've been visited. Any other advanced life is very likely galaxies away
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by Jackal58

Actually,

Quote by Article
The surface gravity would be about the same or slightly higher than Earth's

You'd weigh about the same, if only a little more.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by izbbass

this is true. but it is still far, i mean it will take forever for us to get there.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I think it'd be really awesome actually if scientists discover something there, even if it's just a microscopic piece of shit.

It's certain there's more stuff then us in the universe, and this'll be an amazing discovery if they do find anything.

I doubt they will though.
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by izbbass
Or the only life. But I doubt we've been visited. Any other advanced life is very likely galaxies away

Exactly, and I feel like a species that advanced would destroy themselves before they could try such a feat. Like us... the more advanced we become the more we destroy ourselves.
Agile Intrepid 8
S-gear Scuffham Amps
they've found alot of planets thats could "potentially" support life. eg...Mars

Cheers!

Go Leafs Go!!

Next season anyway
Quote by Chris Schementi
Exactly, and I feel like a species that advanced would destroy themselves before they could try such a feat. Like us... the more advanced we become the more we destroy ourselves.

I think the fact that we haven't been visited yet is strong evidence that civilisations don't make it that far.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Quote by izbbass
Sure. But it's still not near us.

I understand the size of the universe and everything, but in order for me to consider something close we have to be able to get to it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Inferno11

Jupiter's moon Europa is a very good candidate as well.
Agile Intrepid 8
S-gear Scuffham Amps
Quote by Inferno11

I think Mars is Earth's future. Eventually it will turn into a wasteland with only rock and sand.
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by element4433
Sure. But it's still not near us.

I understand the size of the universe and everything, but in order for me to consider something close we have to be able to get to it.

If your in a huge room and there's a chair 10 ft from you it may be considered near, but in a small room, it may no be.

It's comparative.
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Mars could potentially support life?
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by izbbass
If your in a huge room and there's a chair 10 ft from you it may be considered near, but in a small room, it may no be.

It's comparative.
I know and understand. I've been around space stuff my entire life.

And it's not close.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Page 1 of 5