alright, so I was messing around on my guitar today, and I noticed that when I bent it really far up, it would just make sound weird like a dying bird sound and then the note would just die. I checked if it was the pickups heights catching the strings or something, but they aren't anywhere close to the pickups. Any ideas as of to what it could be? Oh, it's also an Edge III. Never had problems with it once I set it up properly, so don't go telling me to get a bridge swap...

edit: and by very far, I just decided to test, actually means anything over about 2.5 semi tones
Last edited by Kusaibito at Sep 29, 2010,
is it catching on the 24th fret?
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
The strings could be touching the frets if it's being pulled up while your playing an open string. It could be hitting some piece of something and cutting out the note.
EDIT: Or what evhbrianmay said.
Oh wow I didn't even think about that. Yeah; so I guess I just have to raise the trem posts?
truss rod adjustment may be needed, raising the posts will raise your action
(PM Me.)
So my actions at a pretty comfortable height for me, and I tested the neck bend or whatever by fretting the 1st and 19th fret. The strings were pretty much right on the frets. What would/should I do with the truss rod?
Make it so there is a VERY slight gap between the string and the middle fret when you're holding down the string at the 1st and whatever fret and you'll hopefully get rid of it, but seeing as the edge III is an edge and not a kahler/bigsby type trem there still will be contact, but at string braking pitch changes
(PM Me.)
Its just the strings fretting out. Really the only way to fix it would be to raise the action, but adjusting the neck relief will give you a little more range. You dont want too much relief though, or around the 5th fret upwards your action will start getting quite high.