So I got a set of BNIB 57/62 Pickups. I wired them in, exactly like the instructions.... the Middle pickup doesn't work at all, when plugged into a tuner, it receives a low B note.

The neck pickup works fine, but the tone knob for it doesn't. If I put it in position 5 on the switch and adjust the tone knob, it just turns its volume down. If I use position 4 and either tone knob, it does the same thing.

Now if I use position 2 and use the middle pickup's tone knob, it works like a normal tone knob should.

Any ideas? I have looked at the wiring about 1000 times and cant find a problem.
Did you rewire everything or just the pickups?

Check that the leg of your capacitor at the tone pot isn't being shorted to ground, as that would cause it to turn down the volume instead.

Make sure that all of your soder connections are good, shiny and round, not dull.

Does the guitar make sound in positions 2 and 4 while the middle pickup is being used as well as the neck or bridge, or is that dead too?

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by MonkeyLink07
Did you rewire everything or just the pickups?

Check that the leg of your capacitor at the tone pot isn't being shorted to ground, as that would cause it to turn down the volume instead.

Make sure that all of your soder connections are good, shiny and round, not dull.

Does the guitar make sound in positions 2 and 4 while the middle pickup is being used as well as the neck or bridge, or is that dead too?

I rewired everything. Everything is brand new except the switch. Pots are all CTS and the Tone Pots are No Load's.

What do you mean about the capacitor? I don't fully understand.

The guitar makes sound in 2 and 4 with the Bridge and Neck pickups still, but no middle pickup is present.

Also, I tried putting the stock mexican pickup back in the middle, and that works just fine there, exact same spots and everything.
Ok, so I measured the DC resistance of each pickup, I think we may have found a slight problem....

The one I have installed in the Bridge is fine, 5.78k. The Mid gets nothing, pretty sure that pickup has either no resistance, or over 2000k. The big problem lies in the neck pickup, it measures at 275k. You read it right, 275k. This is right at the solder joints on the pickup, apparently my wiring was fine, haha.
the solder joints on the bobbin or the solder joints of the wire?

never ever measure resistance with the component in the circuit. always disconnect one lead of a coil or resistor, or one of the outer lugs if you are measuring a pot.

if the leads (with the pup out of circuit) measure 275k or w/e, then maybe the wire is broken inside the insulation. a fairly easy, though extremely delicate, fix.

if you measured at the eylets on the bobbin, then your pup is bad.

the mid pup might be bad too. ive never heard of 2 pups crapping out at the same time.
I am assuming the bobbin is where I measured, I just don't know what to call it, it is located on the pickups right where the wire is soldered to the pickups.

The thing is, they never crapped out, these were brand new out of box.
well a crazy resistance reading right at the bobbin means the pup wire is broken inside the coil, or there is a bad connection to the test leads. maybe you can exchange the pups, or get a refund.
Yeah, now that I discovered it was in the actual pickups and not my wiring, I am good to go. Sent the guy a message, so hopefully I either get new pickups or somewhat of a refund.

Although, I have it wired right now with one of the 57/62's in the neck, then the two stock Mex. Standard pickups in the Mid and Bridge, and it actually sounds great that way, besides position 4 sounds weak with the clashing of two way different pickups. I may keep it this way, I only really ever use the Neck pickup for solos and blues type stuff anyways.

Thanks for all the help.
Very rare for Fender's QC to let something like that go through. I have a 60th Anniversary Commemorative Strat that has those pups, plus I put a set of them in my 2006 MIM Standard Strat as well and I've never had any problems with them.