ok so my tremolo had three springs and that wasnt enough so i added two more. i have an original edge and it had this metal cover screwed on were the springs latch on to the actual bridge. it only had 3 spring holes it appear and the other 2 were for the screws i put them in the holes the screws were previously in and it seemed to work perfect. do i have anything to worry about and do people normally do this(i see people with more then three springs all the time) and will not having the cover hurt the trem.

thanks
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
bump
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Those aren't for screws. They're there so you can add more springs or reposition your springs.

Wait, do they look any different than the ones the springs are in?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
they are meant for screws because theyre threaded and i took the screws out to latch the springs on...o well i mean it hasent given me problems yet...maybe theyre for either one
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Some Ibanez trems (like the Edge) have 2 holes for a spring retainer bar, you can put springs in those screw holes quite safely, you wont damage anything and they wont come flying out if you move the trem too much.
It'll be fine, its not uncommon for people to do that with their Ibanezes.
Last edited by littlephil at Sep 30, 2010,
Quote by littlephil
Some Ibanez trems (like the Edge) have 2 holes for a spring retainer bar, you can put springs in those screw holes quite safely, you wont damage anything and they wont come flying out if you move the trem too much.
It'll be fine, its not uncommon for people to do that with their Ibanezes.

thanks man big help
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b