Hey, long time no see UG!

I've been looking to expand my pedalboard and get some unique effects in there. I'm growing rather tired of my DS-1 and BD-2, not that they were too much fun to begin with honestly haha.

What I'm looking for are pedals that can give me some unusual effects, but not unusual to the point where I'm sounding like a circuit-bent boombox (not that it doesn't sound awesome or anything haha). A good example would be the Boss RE-20 Space Echo or the DigiTech Whammy, both of which I'm GASsing for big time. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Facebook:

Xbox:
FK in my Coffee
PS3:
BrettyB88

Feel free to add me!
Zvex

just google it.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
How about something a little more organic than a Whammy? Perhaps a Tremolo unit or a good old-fashioned Fuzz? Not exactly unique stuff, though, but they will expand your tone options quite a bit from standard distortion/overdrive tones.
WMD Super Fatman
WMD Geiger Counter
EH Ring Thing
EH HOG
EH Memory Boy (square wave modulation madness)
EH Flanger Hoax
Eventide Pitchfactor
Line 6 FM-4
Moog Ring Mod
A lot of Death By Audio stuff
A lot of Devi Ever stuff
A lot of Lovetone stuff
A lot of Zvex stuff
Fuzzhugger ABsynth
Boss PS-3
Digitech Timebender

Really though, its how you use the effect. Learn to play around with things that are a bit less conventional (reverb -> distortion/fuzz is pretty easy and gives a pretty interesting sound) and you might just find some cool sounds hidden in your current rig
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Get a whammy and step sequencer, and do step flanging. Its amazing.

also MXR Blue Box, ZVex Fuzz Factory, Ring Modulator, Johhny Octave, Devi Ever Fuzzes, Deluxe Memory Man with Hazarai (infinite reverb ftmfw).WMD Geiger Counters are also cool.
Quote by Dan_5893
Deluxe Memory Man with Hazarai (infinite reverb ftmfw)

That would be the Cathedral
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Pigtronix and Moog both make some cool pedals. They are a little are to hard to work with but once you get the hang of them they are quite handy.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
i really love my voodoo lab proctavia. it is fuzz and an octave up. you can find them in the $70 range used on TGP all the time. its very different. the cool thing is that if you are looking for something weird, experament with intervals, some of them sound pretty odd.

the origional was used by hendrix on several songs.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/