Before reading this, you should all know that this is a somewhat petty question, but I just wanna assure myself I'm not alone in this issue.

Have you guys ever had a favorite a band or music group that everyone made fun of you for listening to? Then after a couple years, all your friends suddenly love said music group, then you feel like you have somehow been robbed? Haha, this almost sounds silly to me, and I'm all about spreading the word of bands, but **** man, I feel like somewhat violated. I tried to get 'em to listen to that one band a while ago, and they're all like "Haha ******" or some horrible thing like that, now all of a sudden they're in love with this band. My life isn't ruined or anything, but Jesus, life is funny isn't it?
Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Meh, I've never been made fun of by friends for the music I listen to. Probably because they all know my musical tastes far surpass their own
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Happened with a few bands that I like.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by M<rockqer>M
but **** man, I feel like somewhat violated.

life sure is funny
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
for some reason i used to like owl city, i told people and they thought it was gay. Then that fireflies music video or whatever came out and everyones like "ZOMGZ OWL CITY IS AMAZING I LUVS THEM THEY BEST MUSIC EVER"
All my friends started listening to disturbed about the same time I was losing interest in them.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

A friend of mine gave me some serious stick for listening to folk like Seth Lakeman. Now there was the Tall Ships race hosted here in my hometown and one of the acts was Seth Lakeman.

Guess who my friend went to see and then came to me raving about?
My brother called me a homo when I started listening to John Mayer but in due time my brother realized JM's ****ing amazing.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Yep. Saliva.

I liked them before they were cool
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
I started liking Metallica when I was about 15. I'm 18 now and a lot of kids are just making their first forays in metal, which inevitably means they found Metallica. I'm nowhere near as into them as I used to be, so I can't have the passionate discussions about them. I expect that everyone will be into BTBAM/Opeth/Converge when I'm 21, just in time for me to get into something else. Ah well, I prefer it when people are talking about Metallica rather than Lady Gaga (although trust me, she's around).
Battling FC: 0259 8373 3725
Quote by technicolour
No, because I have a superior taste in music compared to my friends.

BOOM
I drink your milkshake.
i'm currently listening to all 60's garage/psyche like The Sacred Mushroom and the Peanut Butter Conspiracy so they dont get it... i dont think theyre gonna come around either
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Happened to me with Foxy Sahzam and Finntroll. I'm guilty of it when it comes to Protest The Hero.
It happened when I converted my friend from mainstream and rock to Metalcore. At first he is just like, this sucks. 6 months later here he is with black tight clothes and band shirts and black hair. And a refined musical taste you wouldn't believe...
I remember back in my day, all these great bands were playing great music.

Some years later the kids decided it was their music, despite the fact they weren't even alive when it was big.

They make fun of my records while I make fun of their 0's and 1's they call music.

I hate kids.