I'm searching musiciansfriend for Semi-Hollows, I just love the look and tone of them and I'd love to be able to write my own music with one. I found the Hagstrom and I love the look of it, I like the double cutaway a lot and how it looks fairly small. I've always preferred the bigger looking semi-hollows, but this just looks really nice. The reviews are fairly nice, but I don't trust MF reviews. Has anyone else played/owned this guitar? Would they recommend it? Or would you recommend something else under $700?
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Anybody?
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
i used to play a viking deluxe and it was a great little axe (traded it towards a band trailer). they play really well and have a strong acoustic sound; ie. the body resonates well and it has a well defined sound

my only gripe would be the neck pickup: i found it to be a little too smooth, no bite to be had. this, however, is a small and easily fixed issue.

definately a recomended guitar, especailly considering the price...
Hagstroms have a pretty good reputation from what I've heard, but as with any other guitar, try before you buy and compare it to other models. If you want to know about other cool semi-hollows in that price range, look at such brands as:

Italia http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Italia-Mondial-Classic-SemiHollow-Electric-Guitar?sku=514442,

Epiphone http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Riviera-Custom-P93-Electric-Guitar?sku=516284&rec=product_sim_A, or

Gretsch http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gretsch-Guitars-G5122-Double-Cutaway-Electromatic-Hollowbody-Electric-Guitar?sku=514651&rec=product_sim_A

Out of the three brands, I'd have to recommend Gretsch the most. Definitely one of the best brands out there. But hey, if you think the Hagstrom is right for you after trying it out, then get it. Just compare it next to other guitars to see how good it is.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.
Gbgg, that Gretsch looks soooooo nice. I'm not a big fan of Bigsbys but it doesn't bother me on that guitar. I noticed recently, every time I try to play a Metal/Djent/Hardcore instrumental, I somehow manage to turn it into a Jazz/Blues song. And since I'm not a big fan of cleans on my SG, I thought a Semi would help me with Jazz/Blues. I'm definitely going to look for one of those Gretschs to try out, along with the Halstrom.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92