I bought this really awesome psychedelic scratch plate for my Strat, but since I've changed it over all the pickups (all single coils) are active at once (in the middle position on the pickup selector), and if I go to select just the neck or just the bridge, there's no sound at all.
Now, I don't see how this could have happened but I've got very little experience with electronics (beyond changing over a pickup) so if you've got any clue, that'd be rad.

Cheers.
Member of the Laney Cult
did you play with the wiring at all?
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
Nope, not deliberately atleast. I think I must've by accident though, I'm not sure how this could happen otherwise.
Member of the Laney Cult
It's possible that the pickguard shielding can act as a conductor if any bare wires are touching it. Be sure all leads are tucked away properly and aren't in contact with anything they shouldn't be. Check your switch and make sure in the middle position, the parts are only touching the lead for the middle pickup.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
Quote by Karlboy
It's possible that the pickguard shielding can act as a conductor if any bare wires are touching it. Be sure all leads are tucked away properly and aren't in contact with anything they shouldn't be. Check your switch and make sure in the middle position, the parts are only touching the lead for the middle pickup.

Genius.
Thanks heaps man. Got it sorted now
Member of the Laney Cult