I wrote and recorded this in a few hours, I like it.

It may or may not be, but definitely is for a girl.

Tell me what you think! And C4C, of course.

(It's in my profile btw)

EDIT: In order to stimulate more listens (23 views and 1 listen, lol) I will post a link to my profile!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/peacemaker898/

EDIT2: Actually, I've realized that the song, for some reason, skips to the next one at around 50 seconds. I'm going to reupload it, hopefully that fixes it. Sorry, guys.
Last edited by peacemaker898 at Sep 30, 2010,
your voice is great and I really like the whole feel of the song, especially the way that the guitar part flows, great job.
Nice song. Felt quite original, for in genre. Reminds me a bit of The Beatles, in some places. Solo came in very unexpected, but made sense when you got used to it. Some notes sounded a little off, though, could use just a little more work. Otherwise, not much to say. Production could obviously be improved, there's a lot of humming noise, but aside from that, rather solid.

Please crit my music at https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1362959
Thanks, I tried to be original despite the generic chord progression. And about the solo, it was an impulsive last minute add, I recorded it by using a vst moog and running the mouse over the virtual keyboard. I think it came out pretty good! And what are ya gonna do about the humming! Haha--its always there.

I'll give your song's a listen.
I liked the chord progression, and the playing is very tight and clear so kudos to that. Your vocal is very good, you have a very nice voice for acousticy music I think, suits. Song flows well and is well written. The solo was fine, sounded good. The humming can be fixed by using a noise gate, or just try recording in a quieter place?

I use a noise gate myself.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Really good song!

I think its pretty unique and you got a good voice. But there are some sloppy guitar parts and I think its worth fixing those. I also find myself wanting more chorus. Chorus is really good and I dont think it is long enough or enough times. Happy to see more than one chord progression though. I also think solo volume is too high. Thats why it seems to come out of nowhere. I couldn't even understand that last lyric when the solo came in.

Good job though, the song is well made.

Check my instrumentals out??

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1369525
Yeah, there were a few slip-ups, but I don't think there was anything really worth re-recording.

A longer chorus I could do, I'll take a look at that for live performances.

As for the synth, maybe I put it too high. I just thought it sounded cool, haha. But it's supposed to come out of nowhere, anyway. And the last lyric was "me" if I remember correctly. :P

I commented on yours!