basically, what are some good amp heads out there for about 300-350 ish?
ive seen these at musciansfriend:
Ibanez Tube Screamer 15 (is it good?)
Bugera 55W Vintage
Jet City JA20H (made by soldano)
Blackstar HT-5

are there any others? if not, which of those is the best? thanks guys!
oh and i play a lot of metal, and blues, southern rock, psychadelic rock, and older rock, so something versatile would be great! thanks!
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
Quote by Dr.Tong
basically, what are some good amp heads out there for about 300-350 ish?
ive seen these at musciansfriend:
Ibanez Tube Screamer 15 (is it good?)
Bugera 55W Vintage
Jet City JA20H (made by soldano)
Blackstar HT-5

are there any others? if not, which of those is the best? thanks guys!
oh and i play a lot of metal, and blues, southern rock, psychadelic rock, and older rock, so something versatile would be great! thanks!

of all of those, i would say your best bet by a long shot is the Jet City, although you would need a boost for metal (BBE green screamer ~$60).

i am not a bugera fan, but i havent tried the 55.

i thing the HT -5 is overrated. i played it and wasn't that impressed. also it gets hated on for having some SS components.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
of all of those, i would say your best bet by a long shot is the Jet City, although you would need a boost for metal (BBE green screamer ~$60).

i am not a bugera fan, but i havent tried the 55.

i thing the HT -5 is overrated. i played it and wasn't that impressed. also it gets hated on for having some SS components.

I thought the blackstar sounded good from my limited experience. If you turned the gain up too much it got too compressed, but it would make a good, if overpriced, practice amp.

Try the jet city or look used. There is a laney pro tube on ebay that ends tomorrow fo cheap. Check it out. Now.
Also, Peavey Windsor and Carvin MTS are worth looking at.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

You could try Bugera 6260 and 6262. I'm not sure if they'd be outside your budget though.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Fr
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by mikey_360
You could try Bugera 6260 and 6262. I'm not sure if they'd be outside your budget though.

while that may fit his metal, it wouldn't be able to do any of his other music decently.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by patriotplayer90
I thought the blackstar sounded good from my limited experience. If you turned the gain up too much it got too compressed, but it would make a good, if overpriced, practice amp.

Try the jet city or look used. There is a laney pro tube on ebay that ends tomorrow fo cheap. Check it out. Now.

it sounded decent to me, but this i agree with you here "good, if overpriced, practice amp"

it is much more of practice amp quality, than of gigable quality, IMO. i think the Jet City would do your pretty much everything you are looking to get, and metal would be decent with a boost. also the blackstar's 5 watts, wouldn't be enough to gig with at all, while you may be able to gig with the JCA's 20 watts without mic'ing. it just depends how good the rest of your band is.

i would also recommend looking for a used egnater tweaker, i have one and it is very flexable, and sounds pretty damn good.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Jet City sounds awesome,
Edit: but so do HT-5.
Last edited by SMMSWEDEN at Apr 13, 2011,
Quote by mikey_360

For his purposes, if you're gonna give him a different Bugera beyond the V55 to look at, you might want to say the 333/333XL.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
This thread was from September 2010.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Holy crap, so it was. What a goofy bump.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣