...and it's okay if you call me one because I've never felt worse than I do now.

Long story short, I've been trying to put a band together for a YEAR, but it hasn't worked out yet. Meanwhile, I've been flying solo and I released a demo that went nowhere.

- I had to drop out of school recently & move back home where I have ZERO friends.
- I was fired from my job last October ( but things are looking better right now as I may get called for an interview next month)
- I can't afford a car just yet + my best friend bailed on me
...the list goes on

On top of all that is the real icing on the cake: I don't have any way of getting to gigs, so that's why I haven't booked any. I'm trying hard to look at the positives, but they seem so far away.

I feel totally stuck! I have good plans to carry out, I wanna play shows, I want a band...

Any advice is more than appreciated.
Stick with it, dude.
Man, post that demo up and lemme hear it, too.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute
SX stratocaster
MIA Fender Stratocaster
Vox AD50 Vox AC15C1 Vox AC30CC2X Laney LH50r
Guitar>Joe Bonamossa Crybaby > AquaPuss> Sparkle Drive> Green Rhino> DejaVibe> Amplifier
CROWN VIC
Stick at it, man. We all have rough patches in our lives.

If you need someone to talk to, then feel free to PM me.
RIP Tom Searle.
just dont give up. thats the last thing you want to do.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Dude, the best advice I've ever gotten is "tough it out". I'm going to pass that on to you now...

Tough it out.
Stop worrying about shit that you can't control. Can't get to a gig? Start busking and bring the gig to you.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I advise you to go back to school.

+1

Making music is fine and all, but you're gonna have a hell of a lot harder time without an education.
Quote by RU Experienced?

If you're only going to listen to one reply, then make it this one.

Without education, you have nothing.

Make school your priority, followed by music.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by MH400

agreed. I don't care if you learn a trade as a plumber, you have to learn SOMETHING, have a skill to present the world with.
Quote by CoreysMonster
agreed. I don't care if you learn a trade as a plumber, you have to learn SOMETHING, have a skill to present the world with.

Also agreed.

TS, I know you're reaaaalllly trying for a band. And we respect you for that - but you have to be realistic. Try and see this from another perspective. Yeah, music is probably the most important thing to you personally, but what if you put in another year of effort and you get nowhere? You've wasted another year and you'll still feel down/like crap.

Trust us, bro. Go get an education during the day. Come home, do any homework/study, then focus on music in the evening.

Thats pretty much all I can say The rest is up to you.
RIP Tom Searle.
First of all, school (college anyway) is only useful if you know what you want to do, and have a plan to get in and out asap. Otherwise you're just gonna waste a hell of a lot of time and money. I hit a rough patch a few months ago, but just stick through it, try to find a job, make some money and go enjoy yourself for the next year. Then see where life takes you. And I agree with everyone saying that you need some sort of measurable skill to get by in life, but that doesn't necessarily mean that further education will give you that. I've been to 3 different colleges now and haven't learned much beyond what I knew in high school. That's the US education system, but that's another story. Just stick it out man, you'll make it through.
Quote by DustyEggNog
+1 to Get an education.
+1 to Post the demo.

+1
In suit with many others, I recently heard this awesome quote.
"Tough times don't last, but tough people do."
Guitars
Gibson SG '61 Reissue 'Aretha'
Fender MIM Strat 'Rosy'
Takamine EG 332c 'Betsy'
Epiphone G-400 'Lucy'

Amps
Crate V-18 1x12
Roland Cube 30x

Pedals
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Double Muff
Line 6 Echo Park
Quote by RU Experienced?

This.

Can't go wrong with school.

<.<
Go back to school and stop being so fail

If you can't get gigs you better start lowering your standards bro.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It can't get any worse right?

But yea get an education.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by heymickey!
- I had to drop out of school recently & move back home where I have ZERO friends.

something tells me it's not as simple as just 'going back to school'...
<3 u
School isn't the solution to everything....maybe join the military (not sure where you live) so you can earn money and gain some life skills and maybe some friends. But thats just up to you.
Yeah sounds like there was a bigger reason for leaving school. Either way you might want to go back as soon as you can. Until then focus on what you can do to work on your self as a person. If your upcoming job comes through, work as much as you can and gain that experience while you aren't in school. Until then, the last thing you want to do is just waste your time. Go out and do something productive and make you and better you. You say you don't have friends back home? Then go out and make some! Friends can make all the difference when you're trying to get back on your feet.

Hang in there bro. We all have struggles sooner or later.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Last edited by soXlittleXtimeX at Sep 30, 2010,
Quote by slayer_zero
It can't get any worse right?

Thanks for making me laugh!

Quote by work sucks
something tells me it's not as simple as just 'going back to school'...

yeah...I wasn't dismissed or anything, but I screwed up my student loan though. It's a long story...
Also, I really appreciate the advice from everyone. I honestly thought I'd get bashed for posting something like this...Until that job comes through, I'm seriously considering busking. I don't think that's a bad idea right now, so if you've got any extra tips on that, then please lend them. If not, no worries!

I've just never been this low before, that's all.
Quote by heymickey!
I've just never been this low before, that's all.

I can tell you are posting in the Pit >__>
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by thamason69
wow, my life is just as shit, dont see me making thread about it......

You dont see us caaring either \
joking
I'm not actively trying to sound awful, but your life really isn't that bad. It could be much, much worse.

When you say school do you mean "High school" or college?
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
I got a C on my anatomy test yesterday, I'd imagine I'm feeling something like that right about now as well...
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Quote by spanishyanez
I can tell you are posting in the Pit >__>

ZING!
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Just do a lot of drugs, record a lot of music, kill yourself.

50/50 chance your music will become famous posthumously.
last.fm[/url}
Quote by Zombee
ZING!

Just doing what I can
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by Saturated Fat
Stick with it, dude.
Man, post that demo up and lemme hear it, too.

I agree with this, no better way to get your name out there than telling a community of musicians

Good luck by the way, I feel like a deadbeat most of the time so I can sympathise
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
You need to harness the interwebs to promote the shit out of your demo. Success will not come to you, you gotta make people listen to it.

Also, it does help if it's good.
eh man relax.. same thing here.. long story short.... last year my country wanted to ****in shove into military illegally as im only a resident here.. after like 3 month of heavy struggle and hiding out i finally managed to get my passport back (which is of another country and been seized illegally) but still the f^ckers were coming after me to my house... for like a half a year after i got my pass

now if i ever get caught in some shit.. nomatter what i'm pretty much hosed... i cant even fight back assholes who try to get on me...

after that.. my only hope... my beloved person left me.. (we ever got to eb with each other actually but i still love her)
the bands i tried to put up together broke up...
this may however i got to talk to that girl and ask for another chance... she agreed.. i then was invited to this band... everythign was going pretty well when she said she doesnt want to... (she got afraid eh.. im still negotiating with her) then i quit the band as guys were not what they said they would be... the freakin decided they want pop rock instead of metal...

and ive found out that all my best friends had betrayed me... and ... my bro doesnt like/love me at all... parents yell at me all teh time.. im arond 19 and i live with em.. (its pretty common for my country) but i wanna move to states... which is being delayed for a year already... eh... all that kinda stuff... much worse...

however i figured out i dont wanna depend on someone else.. and did my own music.. recording and writing all by myself... now im planning to play live as buckethead to backing tracks... only that the country sux and teh guys who organize rock/metal concerts here are all asses.. its kind ahard... but still.. im struggling.. all for my beloved girl otherwise i dont have anybopdy to write my music for...

you can check my music in my sig.. i'll check yours back
Quote by RU Experienced?

What an awful idea.

Well bro, stick with it, and from what I've read, you have a lot of free time. So do things! Eg. go running around outside, play guitar more, google things you've always wanted to know. The list goes on...
Just don't waste what time you have, and make the most of it! Cause eventually you'll not have enough time to do things you've always wanted. (:
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Just kill yourself. Pain goes away second you lose conciousness.
last.fm[/url}
Quote by MH400

A caveat: university/college is not required. It isn't for everyone. There's nothing wrong with not going to university.

If you were talking about high school, then I would agree with the quoted statement, get back in there and get your HS degree.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards