So, i did a wikipedia search on jack white cause i wanted to know more about his guitar that he got modified in "it might get loud" you know the one i mean, "a custom Gretsch Anniversary Jr. with two cutaways, a built-in retractable microphone, and a theremin next to the Bigsby. Jack has dubbed this one the "Triple Green Machine"-wikipedia. and that one bit intrigues me. A theremin mounted on a guitar? someone care to elaborate on the possibilities of this? Any ideas at all? If not, its a nice guitar....we'll discuss that instead!
Attachments:
Modded anniversary2.jpg
It doesn't seem that hard. You can build pretty small theremins. You would just have to cut a hole in the body to operate it, and probably have it connected to a volume knob.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
If you ask me, there's a way to mount anything to anything.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Not sure precisely how a theremin works, but is this just a second theremin type instrument built into his guitar? or does the theremin work to control tone, volume, etc?
Art is Vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it...
-Edgar Degas
A theremin controlled effect... now that would be ballin.
Art is Vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it...
-Edgar Degas
http://www.strangeapparatus.com/Theremin.html

This looks like a good circuit I found. But that looks like an awful lot of circuitry to fit inside of a guitar. I think it'd probably be best to put the circuit elsewhere and connect the audio and antennas with a long usb cable or something.

Bah! I found something very relevant! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuvI-_0Zwno&feature=related

Oh and the other thing I thought of, was use a semi hollow and 'bind' the upper f hole with wire and use that as the volume antenna!
Last edited by LeviMan_2001 at Oct 4, 2010,