Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love intro: Phaser, flanger, or both? (I've heard all of these)

Which pedal do you think is more versatile for early EVH stuff, if you could only buy one? Flanger or Phaser?

And if you could only buy one pedal which actual (brand model) pedal would it be. Say budget of $150 or just over €100-ish.

Thx
Ibanez AF105VB
Ibanez RG2550Z
MIM '92 Fender Strat
Peavey Triumph 60
MXR-108.
and that's it. done buying stuff. probably.
Thats a flanger. I'm not sure which would be better though, and I have no idea about prices in Europe so I cant really recommend anything either.
He used a flanger for the intro, and he used a Phaser for the solo

TS: he used a phaser on almost every solo on VHI, so i would say go with a phaser. If you gotta go with a brand name, might as well go with MXR. I would stay away from the EVH series, though.

the "EVH" switch on the flanger that was supposed to mimic EVH's flanger from "Unchained" was too fast for and the switch on the Phaser made a small difference, but not enough to justify $30 from the custom shop script phase or the $50 difference from the regular one.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
He used a flanger for the intro, and he used a Phaser for the solo

TS: he used a phaser on almost every solo on VHI, so i would say go with a phaser. If you gotta go with a brand name, might as well go with MXR. I would stay away from the EVH series, though.

the "EVH" switch on the flanger that was supposed to mimic EVH's flanger from "Unchained" was too fast for and the switch on the Phaser made a small difference, but not enough to justify $30 from the custom shop script phase or the $50 difference from the regular one.

+1