i meant i have a pod x3 live, and an orange amp.(not bass amp)

m willing to buy a bass , so can i plug it into tht amp via pod x3live ? i have seen some bass patches are on pod x3.
Nope.

Any bass through a guitar amp WILL blow it up. How you do it doesn't make a lot of difference...

To be honest, you're better off buying some decent headphones and just using your Pod X3.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Er, he did say he would plug into the X3.

X3 = Yes, that's probably fine.

Guitar amp = Nooooo.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Jason Newstead practised without an amp when he first started out, one of the reasons he used a pick and had such a hard action so he could hear the bass without an amp, use headphone and you will be fine.
E Family
E-Son to OldiebutNewbie
E-Brother to Andrea55
E-Brother to guitarxo
E-Uncle to Basti95
There are multiple cheap options of headphone amps for bass, try getting one.

Using the X3 with some headphones works, i mean, my bass worked good with my friend's Live POD and my Pocket POD pretty much alright without problems c:
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by itorch
Jason Newstead practised without an amp when he first started out, one of the reasons he used a pick and had such a hard action so he could hear the bass without an amp, use headphone and you will be fine.

thanks everyone for the info, Jason is the reason, for wht m willing to learn bass apart from playing lead stuff. i will manage a headphone.thanks again guys.
also i would like to know , what are some good practice bass amps(small 10 or 15 watts) ? for my room.
Quote by druggietoad2k5

Any bass through a guitar amp WILL blow it up. How you do it doesn't make a lot of difference...

Eventually, but it's not like the second you hit a note it's going to explode.

I played an entire band practice through my Marshall half-stack and nothing happened to it.

Also, Lemmy used to play through guitar amps (not sure if he still does or not).
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
check out FAQ for a list of good starter amps. the kustom KBA10 is one that gets mentioned a lot around here.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Eventually, but it's not like the second you hit a note it's going to explode.

I played an entire band practice through my Marshall half-stack and nothing happened to it.

Also, Lemmy used to play through guitar amps (not sure if he still does or not).

No, but it's not exactly doing the guitar amp any good. You may as well burn the money you spend on a guitar amp if all you're going to do is but a bass through it.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

If you play at low levels and exercise common sense, you could play through the guitar amp.
Quote by itorch
Jason Newstead practised without an amp when he first started out.

Billy Sheehan still practices his bass with no amp. If it works for him, it will work for you. Save some money, get a decent amp when you can afford it, and in the meantime work on your chops. That way, you'll sound better when you finally get your amp.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
When I didn't have an amp, I did this all the time. It can only help you, not harm you. Some will say though that without an amp, you cant truly hear whats going on, or if you're out of tune or blah blah etc etc.

You'll be fine practicing without an amp, but obviously, practicing with one is a bit better imo.
pinga