hey guys,
i need some help on deciding which guitar to buy....
im tossing u between the hellraiser c-1 FR or
the ec-1000....
i predominantely play metal and hardcore, like parkway drive that kind of stuff
so any POV or help would be awesome
well as far as i know the schecter will probably have a thicker neck.

it depends, do you want a floyd or a fixed bridge?
les paul shape or superstrat shape?

my advice is go test them out
Gear:

LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30
hmmm,
i like the EC shape, and i want a floyd rose...
but the thing is where i live, i am 4 hours drive away from any guitar shops,
so its kind of hard to test them =(
yeah, i only play in drop B so it pisses me off when i have to keep re tuning after a couple of songs....
If you only play in drop b then floyd would be great, assuming you get it set up properly.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
This comes down mainly to preference of feel and shape.
Which one looks better to you? The specs are very similar.
Your best bet is to try them both out as feel of the neck will be the deciding factor and that's very subjective.
I think schecters look great on paper, good specs good value etc, but i can't stand their necks. However, I have an ltd ec-1000 and I adore the neck, but I know people who dislike it. It's all preference of what catches your eye more and which one feels better to you. IMO, that ec-1000 fr looks gaudy with the abalone, but if you like it, go for it!
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
hmmm i like the look of the EC more,
but i cant play a schecter without travelling on a plane or something like that,
soo, the EC is sounding pretty good right now =)
If you play as low as Drop B, the short scale on the EC won't really be that desirable. It can be done, no doubt, but you'll need massive strings to get the tension needed to hear yourself play, lol. If you're okay with that, then the EC seems like your choice.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Go for the EC 1000. No real reason why, but I just dont like schecters. Too hyped up.
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Quote by Offworld92
If you play as low as Drop B, the short scale on the EC won't really be that desirable. It can be done, no doubt, but you'll need massive strings to get the tension needed to hear yourself play, lol. If you're okay with that, then the EC seems like your choice.

Please stop posting that stuff about scale length.

You can play in any tuning on any scale length and as long as your guitar is properly set up your scale length doesnt matter.

I use 11's which arent that heavy for as low as B standard on my 24.75 explorer. They feel nice and tight and sound crisp.

the EC would be ideal for low tuned music, the scale length may be 24.75 but the EMGs will help add clarity is TS used 11s on it.

Drop B is hardly that low, 1 and half steps?

Nothing

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Ec-1000, hands down, probably one of my favorite guitars I've played. Schecter hasn't really done anything for me, they feel really cheap, even if they're not. They also have fat necks..
How about a Fender Strat?? I use one for metal and it works okay.

ron666
if you can't play the Schecter then go for the EC, its a VERY good guitar. i love my H-1000 and i think it has the same neck profile, the only reason i got that instead of the EC was because i prefer Superstrats .

They don't come in drop B as far as i can remember but you can easily keep it in that tuning as long as you get it set up properly

and as far as this whole scale length thing is concerned, Mastodon quite frequently use Drop A and A standard tunings and im pretty sure they used Les Pauls for a lot of they're albums and live shows so you know it really don't matter in terms of tuning.....
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Jesus christ Schecters do not have thick necks. Stop making such a big deal about it, regardless if you're a good guitar player it does not matter.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
The dudes from Parkway do use ESP guitars most the time, I think Jeff even uses a EC 1000 every now and then so if you want to get as close as you can to their tone i'd say the ESP. But the hellraiser will probably do the same thing. Not a fan of EC's personaly but they're bloody good guitars.