My brother has a drum set and he doesnt have a Ride cymbal can he use the crash bell(bulb) instead? If not what else can he use?
FISH ON!!!!

Quote by Derk'ed
Women love it better with fingers. Treat a bass like a woman. Fingers or piece of plastic?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Yeah. The tone will be a bit different from an actual ride but it should sound ok until he gets a ride. Let me suggest saving up for a Joey Jordison Pitch Black ride (if you're into metal, i guess).
Quote by Unit 731
Yeah. The tone will be a bit different from an actual ride but it should sound ok until he gets a ride. Let me suggest saving up for a Joey Jordison Pitch Black ride (if you're into metal, i guess).

Let me suggest not.

They're basically Zildjian's crappiest cymbals that are just painted (and it comes off when you hit them).

Look for a used cymbal. You'll get a lot more for your money.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by druggietoad2k5
Let me suggest not.

They're basically Zildjian's crappiest cymbals that are just painted (and it comes off when you hit them).

Look for a used cymbal. You'll get a lot more for your money.

Eh, I like it. I guess that's just my opinion. I'm definitely not a drummer. It's fun as hell, but I suck at it.

The paint never came off of mine. I've had it for like a year now.

I like the Joey Jordison snare better than the ride. But they're both good IMO
Quote by Unit 731
Eh, I like it. I guess that's just my opinion. I'm definitely not a drummer. It's fun as hell, but I suck at it.

The paint never came off of mine. I've had it for like a year now.

I like the Joey Jordison snare better than the ride. But they're both good IMO

They're just like signature guitars/basses - they're expensive because of the name. You can pay less and get a non signature cymbal/snare that will sound much, much better just because it doesn't have a name on it.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by druggietoad2k5
They're just like signature guitars/basses - they're expensive because of the name. You can pay less and get a non signature cymbal/snare that will sound much, much better just because it doesn't have a name on it.

Yeah, you're right, half of the price is because of the name, but they still sound good. They're not any better or worse than non-name-brand IMO
You can but it won't sound the same. A ride cymbal is made to have a certain ping. They're usually slightly thicker and more durable. Crashes aren't usually as full. They're a little more washy than rides. So yes you can, but you're basically just tapping a crash. It won't sound like a ride and won't react like one either