Hey guys. Recently, I've installed Amplitube 3, and Amplitube Metal, to try and use it with my friend's Jackson (he doesn't play it anymore, so I borrow it whenever I can). I've bought a 1/4 to 1/8 stereo jack. I tried plugging it in every possible hole in the computer, but it didn't work. I just got some buzzing in the program.

Then I tried it with a mono jack. No improvement, except I could record it in Audacity.

What do you think is wrong guys? Do I need a special jack? Is my sound card awesomely bad?
The interface is a "bit" expensive for me.
ASIO4all actually worked, but I still get buzzing when I'm not playing anything within the Amplitube program.
You can get a guitar interface pretty cheap and for a lot less than the 350 dollar interface in the above link.
Alright people, Move along - there is nothing to see.
"Or so you think..."
You will get a buzz as it is electrical interference from computer. Use a long cable for now but suggest you stick to external interface, something 2nd hand like Creative Exdigy 2 would do job.
1999 US Lonestar Strat, 2002 Duesenberg CC, Vox AC15H1TV

PedalTrain2 & Diago PowerStation: TU2, GE7, CryBaby (GCB-95), Carl Martin Comp, '81 Keeley TS9, Jekyll & Hyde v1, NS2, VP Jr, MM4, RV600, DD5, DD7, TC Nova. Cable:Mogami W2524+Neutrix NP2RXB
Why the hell do you need amplitube metal when you have amplitube 3? Pretty sure amplitube 3 has all amplitube metal equipment.

Also like someone stated, you can get a cheap interface. I got a Line 6 GX for 99 bucks and I think they're cheaper now.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline
Sorry , I'm an Idiot !

I just Googled Amplitube 3 . It look's to be an awesome edition to a musician.

I hope you get your issues resolved.
dngrsdave

Heavy Metal Thunder
Last edited by dngrsdave at Oct 1, 2010,
Spend $40 on a Behringer UCG102 USB guitar interface. It works much better than you might expect.
Quote by Clay-man

Also like someone stated, you can get a cheap interface. I got a Line 6 GX for 99 bucks and I think they're cheaper now.

This, it's what I did when my friend gave me his copy of Guitar Rig. Plus you get the Line 6 Pod Farm which actually comes stock with a small number of decent amp models. (I upgraded mine and it's even better, sometimes I prefer it to Guitar Rig for higher gain stuff)