Hi,

I've been looking to buy a Mesa Boogie Mark IV, but I live in Australia. It is literally impossible to find one where I live, (Perth,) let alone the whole of Australia. If I would one here it would be quite expensive, upwards to $3000 Aud. I've looked at places such as ebay and guitar center, with guitar center having ones for $1100 Usd, but already being sold. I'm looking for the short head. Does anyone know any places that will ship to Australia?

Cheers
Guitars:
Prs Custom 24
Amps:
Various VSTs
i know how you feel, quite literally. Ebays ur best bet man. Also have you tried perthbands.com?
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
yeah, i was looking for that amp a while back, but gave up on looking.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
No way would a Mark IV set you back $3000, if someones selling one for that much they're ripping the buyer off. I got mine for $2000, heck I've even seen one sell for $1600.
Quote by littlephil
No way would a Mark IV set you back $3000, if someones selling one for that much they're ripping the buyer off. I got mine for $2000, heck I've even seen one sell for $1600.

It was $3000 Aud, not american
Ibanez RGA 121
Yahama Pacifica -- painted purple and blue
2000 American Standard Strat
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
MXR Phase 90 with R28 switchable mod
USA Big Muff
Quote by Gu1tar_guy1010
It was $3000 Aud, not american

I know, I payed $2000 Australian for mine. Notice how the thing that says Location under my avatar says Australia
yea dude im from perth as well,try going to like a music shop and see how much theylll chARGE for it
^They dont have Mark IV's. You wont find one new, they were discontinued about 2 years ago.
Those guys just haven't updated their site in ages.
i have investigated this (for NZ though) and came to the conclusionthat it would cost around the same when importing from the US. i dont know about Aus (but i think it may be similar) but you end up getting stung majorly with import taxes and customs charges and in the end it works out around the same price.

even if you are getting it a couple of hundred cheaper importing after taxes and stuff, i kind of think that thats out weighed by the hassle of importing and the weeks spent waiting for it to arrive.

thats my opinion anyway. If your happy to import and pay all the taxes then go for it.
Quote by littlephil
^They dont have Mark IV's. You wont find one new, they were discontinued about 2 years ago.
Those guys just haven't updated their site in ages.

but why wouldnt you want a mark V? because they are too expensive?

well if they are discontinued that rules out most options except ebay and gumtree
I've seen some at $2650, so I rounded it off to $3000 cos some people would want that price. Mark V's new are $5000 aud, and about $4000 used. I worked out that if I got a Mark IV from the US for around $1100 us, it would cost me around $2000 aud. So anyone know any us sites?
Guitars:
Prs Custom 24
Amps:
Various VSTs
Quote by littlephil
I know, I payed $2000 Australian for mine. Notice how the thing that says Location under my avatar says Australia

Where did you buy it from?
Guitars:
Prs Custom 24
Amps:
Various VSTs
Quote by WishfulShredder
but why wouldnt you want a mark V? because they are too expensive?

well if they are discontinued that rules out most options except ebay and gumtree

Que?

TS is looking for a Mark IV, and doesn't want to spend $3000 on one locally, so why would he be OK with spending $4-5k on a V?

Quote by bananabobbanana
Where did you buy it from?

I got it from a guy in Sydney, on ebay. They show up there every now and then, if you wait a month or two, at least one will pop up I'd say.
Last edited by littlephil at Sep 30, 2010,
Quote by littlephil
Que?

TS is looking for a Mark IV, and doesn't want to spend $3000 on one locally, so why would he be OK with spending $4-5k on a V?

I got it from a guy in Sydney, on ebay. They show up there every now and then, if you wait a month or two, at least one will pop up I'd say.

Just to be clear, was it a head or a combo?

I'd much prefer to buy one in Australia if I can, thanks for increasing my hopes mate
Guitars:
Prs Custom 24
Amps:
Various VSTs
Just read your sig haha. Heads are generally cheaper right?
Guitars:
Prs Custom 24
Amps:
Various VSTs
A bit but on ebay it varies a bit. Depends on how much any other bidders are willing to pay, but heads usually go for around $1800-$2200
I'd definately pick one up for less than $2000. Are they 240v versions that you have seen?
Guitars:
Prs Custom 24
Amps:
Various VSTs
Some have been, some havent
Mine is 120v but it came with a step-down transformer. If someone is selling a 120v one, chances are it'll come with a step-down.
Last edited by littlephil at Oct 1, 2010,
I thought you needed a 500w step-down transformer, which is more than $80-100. Also, there is a local guy that mods amps to work here in Australia, how much would that cost? I'd prefer not to have to lug a transformer around as well :P
Guitars:
Prs Custom 24
Amps:
Various VSTs
Usually, transformer re-winds are around $300-500. A decent step-down is around $200.
I would get the rewind if it was $300-350, worth it in the long run compared to a step-down. Worked it out to be around $1700 aud after customs duty and shipping if I bought it for $1100 usd in the US. Now I just need to find one haha
Guitars:
Prs Custom 24
Amps:
Various VSTs
Apparently it's going to cost $955 to get the transformer replaced. Looks like I have to get an external transformer -_-
Guitars:
Prs Custom 24
Amps:
Various VSTs
The head is 23 kilos if I'm not mistaken. It's about $300 Usd for shipping using USPS
Guitars:
Prs Custom 24
Amps:
Various VSTs
im getting one in the next few weeks, if i dont like it ill sell it to you for $1700
mojostompboxes.com
Is the head version and is it 240v? If its at least the head please don't like it haha
Guitars:
Prs Custom 24
Amps:
Various VSTs
120V, but ill have the step down for it.

its the head yeah.
mojostompboxes.com