Hi,

I Have had a horrible 30w starter amp that is as old as since when my brother started playing (6 years ago) I got this amp from him 3 years ago since he stopped playing after a year, I've looked into amps and I only want a tube combo at the moment, considering I only do bedroom practise right now so unless it's low watt half stack like the HT-5 or something, i'm not really interested, I've been looking at getting a used Marshall DSL401 also the Bugera 6262 but 120 watts seems a bit loud so I think I may pass on that.

Stuff I like to play:

Megadeth
Bullet for my Valentine
As I Lay Dying
Def Leppard
Trivium
The Police
Guns N Roses (AFD Era)
Lamb of God
+ Some others

Budget: £400 preferred, willing to go up to £500 if necessary though.

Thanks in advance for anybody that helps me.
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm
just think......bc rich+nice ring=happy girl

no ring+gibson es-335= no bitch and an awesome guitar.
Since the majority of the things you want to play are high-gain, a higher wattage amp will actually not be as bad in the bedroom as you would think. These styles rely more on preamp distortion than poweramp distortion, meaning that you won't necessarily have to crank your amp to get a usable tone. Obviously, your amp will sound better if it's louder, but for this kind of music, it won't sound bad.

Definitely give that Bugera a look. The Marshall would probably work as well but I think you'll nail the majority of your tones with the 6262.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Check out the Jet City JCA2112RC or JCA5212RC. I think you'd like what you can get out of either.
( )( )
( . .)
C('')('')

You will die.
Peavey 6505+ 112
60watt
Great for mainly metal and plenty loud @ £449 in most stores.
Blackstar amplifiers are awesome as well but probs a bit over your budget.
Cheers for the help guys, Bugera is a good one I'm thinking about considering the price and the Peavey is also good considering the price, Blackstar HT40 Club looks nice but £549 isn't really the price I'm looking at, thanks very much for the help guys.
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm

the ENGL is a good shout if you can find one used, other than that its the usual bill of amps. Bugera 6262 combo is the cheapest and is essentially a Peavey 6505 which you can get as a combo too. the Jet City Amps are good for the price but personally i think i prefered the Bugera's and Peavey's

look on the used market by all means cos you can find some awesome deals
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
blackstar ht-20
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Get the 6505+ 112 combo. It's the original amp and not some "clone". Granted, it is made in China and could use a stock speaker upgrade but it will be exactly what you're looking for in an amp. I can play my 5150 2x12 in my apartment building and it sounds ok. The gain will be very fizzy up until you get the post on 3 or 4 but it still sounds good.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
DSL401 is a very good choice!
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
All recommendations are still welcome.
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm

Quote by metalheadblues
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/amplifiers/combo/tube
check out some for yourself..for some reason the page i linked you too ain't showing up in my browser properly hope it works for you..i think the ht5 would be great for what you want

Thanks but i just want some recommendations on a high gain amp that can still pull off decent cleans that people have also had experience with said amps in the past, thanks for the help though.
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm