Hello everyone i need your opinion about choosing between these two amps, i've been searching for an all-tube amp with enough power to play in clubs. i've got a blackstar ht dual pedal and a big muff. I play specially rock but also blues and jazz.
Thank you very much and excuse my english i'm from spain and my mother is italian
They are both vastly different amps. Have you played either of them yet? What budget do you have? For rock and blues I would lean towards the Twin Reverb but depending on your budget there may be other amps worth looking at too.
well i don't wanna pay more than 1300 €, i was thinking that i should get an amp with a very good clean chanel and get distorsion with the pedals but i don't know if it'll works as well as i'm thinking, but of course i know there are two many other amps that could be interesting. I said the blackstar and the twin because a friend told me there are good amps.
the fender is the better amp for what you want, whilst the blackstar is a very versatile amp, it is more of a high gain amp, if you realy dig a british tone look at a vox ac30 handwired
The Blackstar and Fender are both good amps your friend is right. The Blackstar HT-Dual is a very good pedal I have one myself and if you're happy with getting your distortion from there I would probably go with the Fender. I am not really familiar with what's available in your area but I can say confidently no-one will give you a hard time for buying a Fender Twin Reverb

as British said above also look into a Vox AC30 they have very nice cleans and good rock distortion. I'm not really a Blues kind of guy but I have heard good things about the Peavey Delta Blues and Classic 50 for cleans as well
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Sep 30, 2010,
The Blackstar 45 is designed purely for high-gain rock at bedroom and club levels. The Fender Twin, however, is designed for jazz, blues, rockabilly, country, etc. at extreme volumes. They are polar opposites and voiced in very different ways.

The Blackstar, like I said, is a high gain monster. It has a little knob that, supposedly, allows you to switch between an American and British voicing without changing amplifiers. I think there is a lot more to it than simply turning a knob, but Blackstar have been known to exaggerate.

The amp as a whole sounds very bright and very tight. It is perfect for that Diezel / Fryette tone at lower volumes and lower pricing. If you keep the presence down, the volume up and the preamp gain controlled, it can sound really fantastic. Cleans are quite nice, too, sounding almost like a Framus Dragon.

The Fender Twin Reverb 65 is a wonderful piece of crisp brigthness. If you want a stiff and powerful clean tone, there really is little out there of similar price that can cope. The Fender Blackface and Tweed amps are famous for that Fender overdrive sound, while the Twin is famous for that clean sound that never breaks up.

The amp doesn't have the features that the Blackstar has, but that's just the nature of the two companies. Blackstar cram everything into the one piece, while Fender hold back and go for something more vintage, and that reflects in the tone.

For the genres you're hoping to play, I'd strongly suggest you avoid Blackstar, except for maybe the Artisan 30, which is based off of a Vox AC30, another amp you should consider.