okay, dont bash me for this but I dont know what it is simply because Ive never asked and I didnt put it in musician talk or the pit because everyone in the bass forums are more laid back and cool.
and dont link me somewhere I need an english D student explanation and perhaps a basic how to do it if its not an effect pedal
Last edited by the wako kid at Sep 30, 2010,

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
It's hard to say, because both terms are abused (Leo Fender got it wrong)

Plus vibrato usually contains a bit of tremolo, and tremolo contains a bit of vibrato.

Vibrato is alternating changes in the pitch of a note.

Tremolo is alternating changes of the volume of the note. For a violinist it is playing the same note in rapid succession by alternating the movement of the bow.

But as I said, the terms often get used interchangeable.

For example, flute players use their diaphragm to change the volume of their instrument and call it vibrato.

Leo Fender used a vibrato mechanism on the Strat and called it a Tremolo bar (Gibson called it a Vibrola and Bigsby calls it a Vibrato unit).

Synth player that can usually control each independently usually get it right more often.

Insights and incites by Notes
This didn't really warrant its own thread...
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
when the pitch goes up and down quickly its vibrato, when the loudness goes up and down quickly its tremollo
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by fleajr_1412
This didn't really warrant its own thread...

Yeah, and now you have the power to close it
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It isn't official until you ban someone.

Quote by anarkee
Congrats Conor! Now wield that ban hammer with pride!

Quote by fleajr_1412
I'll get hunting then

Cheers Dan!

doooooo eeeeeeetttttttt
no sir away a papaya war is on