I need a new TOM style bridge for my explorer, and think a white bridge would compliment white pickups against the black body quite nicely. I don't suppose anyone has heard of or seen any available, or will I need to resort to a bodge job of painting?
obviously, there's chrome, but i've never seen a white bridge
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Never seen white. Probably will be a paint job tbh
Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
yeah. you're gonna have to paint it. I think it will look really cool and unique.
but please do it the right way and take it completely apart and sand it until its dull so the paint will stick. also I think it would look cool if you leave the intonation adjustment screws chrome, maybe even the saddles too.
just my 2 cents.
You might try to see if there are any powder-coaters in your area. I think that the black bridges that are so common are just powder coated black. It may not be cheap, but it's worth a shot.
I had a look at Bucketheads sig LP, he uses a chrome bridge though, the little scamp. Gonna have looksy round an auto shop for metal specific paint, probably gonna go with the leaving screws and stuff chrome-for stylistical and time saving reasons!
Cheers peoples!
Quote by Leeham
I had a look at Bucketheads sig LP, he uses a chrome bridge though, the little scamp. Gonna have looksy round an auto shop for metal specific paint, probably gonna go with the leaving screws and stuff chrome-for stylistical and time saving reasons!
Cheers peoples!

Most would be, what are cars made of?

To get a decent coat that's not going to chip away easy, you'll probably start compromising the fitting/seating of the saddles and everything, as james4 said already.
Painting would be the cheap option, but personally, I wouldn't paint any of the stuff where the strings lie or the parts that affect intonation.

But yeah, powder coating is another option, but costs are apparenlty quite high.
If you're still in school go to the wood/metal work room, see if they have any powder coating supplies there, my school kinda has 'em and it's a pretty cheap school...but the quality wasn't amazing of what they used, it built up pretty thick, which wouldn't be too comfortable on a bridge.
Get it anodized. I think that would work a bit better than powdercoating.
Life is about taking risks, as long as the risks aren't too risky.
Duracoat that bitch! It's a firearm finish, but you'd be able to do it to a guitar bridge pretty easily (well, maybe). It would last eons longer than paint or powder coat. I've got a couple Duracoated rifles that i hunt with and it wears like a ****ing beast. You might not have the resources, like an airbrush and shit though.

http://www.houtsenterprises.net/dur_electric.html
white is at the bottom of the page
[HARLEY-DAVIDSON]

When the world slips you a Jerffrey...

Stroke the furry walls.
stroke the furry walls.
Autoshops do paints for plastics and loads of other specific guff too-wise guy! haha. Think I'll go for an attempt at painting first, on an old surplus bridge and gauge the results from there, blagging off of school supplies has long since been an option-it used to be invaluble source of solder! Duracaoting looked alright, although for the scale of what I'm wanting to achieve can't really justify the expense for all the paraphenalia that goes with it. Damn my lack of resources!
Thanks guys!
Off the top of my head.....

Doesn't the bridge need to be metal, so that the strings are grounded? You'd need to make sure the paint was conductive in order to ensure the circuit was still complete.

Hopefully someone more learned can confirm or refute that though?
You cant just get anodized aluminum bridge? I thought there were plenty of manufacturers who made several styles of aluminum bridges and Im pretty sure you can have white anodized aluminum
"A dog returns to its own vomit"
Just to prove I'm not dumb, he plays with a white tailpiece in most of his videos. I was going off my memory, and I guess I had it confused. Him playing with a white tailpiece and chrome bridge might mean that it is not a good idea to mess with your bridge by painting it, but you could probably do it and not paint the saddles and screws like you said.