Hi,

Listened to this for the first time and it has the most glloorrioouusss tone I've ever heard. I can't decide if it's a sweet overdrive or a backed-off fuzz.
Also, anyone wanna help with settings and such?

Thanks guys,
Adam
Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
I've hit it through my mesa boodie nomade, with a ts9 overdrive, playing my srv strat
Cream fan club member #11.
Overdrive and reverb is a good place to start.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Neck pup, fuzz on, volume rolled back.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Okay thanks. I'm gonna try Jhachey's idea with reverb, thanks everyone!

Seriously Jhachey22, you're a wealth of knowledge. The last like, 10 questions I've posted here have been commented on be you, and they always seem to be the best answers. So thanks
Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
All the suggestions are good, but what Jimi used and what you need is a MARSHALL amp. You can run his exact pedalboard to something gay like a Mesa Boogie, and it would kind of sound like his tone, but you would need a MARSHALL amp to get his tone spot on.

I suggest you buy a MARSHALL MG. It has a full pedal board BUILT IN, and it doesn't have those old tubs that the old amps have. Tubs are a hassle and sounded bad.

/troll

But yeah, a good fuzz with the volume rolled back on the neck pickup would be good for starters. Are you using the JCM2000 in your profile? It's not really the most prime candidate for getting Hendrix tones, but maybe crank it a little to fill out the tone a bit with the fuzz.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Sorry, what? You put troll after that first part but I don't see that anywhere else on this thread... Wat are you talking about? :L

Okay. Will do. Yep I am playing the jcm, it's a good amp, I like it. I'm sure I could coax this kinda thing out of it with a good fuzz pedal.
Quote by Duv
Quote by darkwolf291
It's a Fuzz with volume rolled back basically....OH...neck pup too...

+1. Exactly what I was going to say... wait... what.. My brain!!!
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by adstr123
Sorry, what? You put troll after that first part but I don't see that anywhere else on this thread... Wat are you talking about? :L

Okay. Will do. Yep I am playing the jcm, it's a good amp, I like it. I'm sure I could coax this kinda thing out of it with a good fuzz pedal.

I was joking.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
I was joking.

Oh. You need to make your jokes clearer man... :L

And I agree with WtrPlyr. Thanks!!
Quote by Duv