Hi all..
I want to buy distortion pedal that have the closest sound to an amp's distortion that suit to my music taste..I like marshall hi gain sound (think slash, gn'r or velvet revolver era, but honestly I prefer the more slightly 'modern' sound), but i like some metal stuff too but not the brutal one, think : late dream theater, lamb of god (mark morton), or other metal with that modern tight riffing sound, no scoop mid, and I think that's mesa boogie's tone, right?

Here's my options :
-Blackstar HT Dist/DistX
-Radial Tonebone Hot British
-Sansamp GT2
or other?

My guitar is Gibson SG Special (stock pickup) but I don't have any amplifier yet..at home, I play to my mixer and to my monitor speaker..I dont really care about that, but I want the best for my rehearsal session and on stage..in the place where I live, the amplifier for the stage/rehearsal usually a solid state or sometimes tube head-cabinet, depends on how 'big' the show..

So, what do you think?
Any advice will surely help me
Thanks
Last edited by cigarettension at Sep 30, 2010,
MI Audio and Rothwell come to mind first as far as Marshall in a box pedals. MI's is the Crunch Box, and I believe Rothwell's is the Hellbender. Check 'em out.

By the way, budget?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

my budget is $200
thanks for the advices..but the thing is, in my country not every brand is available..just the 'popular' ones, keep in mind popular doesnt always mean good..
so what do you think of those 3? anybody had use them?
Order online?

Quote by bogg808

order online..hmm
the shipping is probably more expensive than the pedal itself if its from US! lol
So I think no..
I hear PGS has pretty reasonable international shipping.

Quote by bogg808

check out the Satchurator by Vox
http://www.myspace.com/takethekey

PRS Singlecut w/ Tremonti Treble/Bass
Taylor 614ce

Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Mills Acoustics Afterburner 412B

"Mark Tremonti is what Willis was talking about..."
isn't the satchurator more like a boost pedal? CMIIW
also, the reviews of blackstar are pretty good, at least better than crunchbox and satchurator, from what I read..
I've had both the DistX and the Crunchbox and I think I do prefer the Crunchbox.

The DistX does have a huge amount of gain and the 3 band EQ and such is pretty handy, but I prefer the Crucnchbox cos I found it has a lot more punch and clarity, and more importantly a decent amount of USABLE gain. Also, the Blackstar can be a bit impractical (Running on 16V AC and being the size of a cinderbloack) but I doubt this really matters in your situation
MARCUS plz
Quote by cigarettension
isn't the satchurator more like a boost pedal? CMIIW
also, the reviews of blackstar are pretty good, at least better than crunchbox and satchurator, from what I read..

The Satchurator is a distortion pedal with a built in boost
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
marky_strummer : the crunch box is so marshall-ish, i think like ac/dc, right? can you get the more modern sound, not 'woody' with it?