Hey guys.

To go with my first guitar, I'll be getting a new amp too. Originally I was considering the Super Champ XD for around £200, but I can spend an extra hundred now on an amp, so I could probably get something better, with looping etc. It will be used as a practice amp, but I want something very solid that I'll not grow bored/tired of.

I have around £300 to spend on this amp. I want to be playing stuff from Jazz/Blues like Muddy Waters, to stuff like Cradle of Filth. So effects are a big yes, and looping.

So yeah, recommend any amps you like around that price mark. So far I've seen THIS, which looks like it has a ton of effects around 2 knobs.

Thanks
-DreadAlert-
The Peavey is a great practice amp, loads of different tones and effects. I think the Vypyr would be a good choice.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
if your willing to spend $400 I'm getting rid of my blues Jr. Amp. Sounds great, same kinda stuff I like to play. I just need to get rid of it to buy a head for a cab.

only downside is there's no built in effects....still a great amp.
Quote by jlangholzj
if your willing to spend $400 I'm getting rid of my blues Jr. Amp. Sounds great, same kinda stuff I like to play. I just need to get rid of it to buy a head for a cab.

only downside is there's no built in effects....still a great amp.

Blues Junior for Cradle of Filth?
=.=''
Vypyr is great no matter what you play I would love to get one but I already have a peavey vk.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Blues Junior for Cradle of Filth?
=.=''

I LOL'D.

But yeah this Peavey seems to be getting a thumbs up from everyone! Theres SO MANY EFFECTS. I'm checking it out on YouTube and i'm finding stuff i didnt even know existed xD

Octaver? Pitchshifter? Sound so good.

And am I right in thinking you can plug it via USB into your Computer to record?
as much as you want a ton of effects i'd start with a solid tube amp that takes pedals well. this way you can focus on your playing an incorporate one effect at a time and not get overwhelmed with messing with a bunch of effects. then if you build a solid pedalboard with the effects you want you can throw it in front of a better more expensive amp down the road.
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
I doubt you'll use any effects other than reverb/delay after one month of fiddling, but the amp models are supposed to be pretty good on the Vypyr.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Really? Ah that sucks..
Are they expensive? Or are there any other good amps that loop in a different way or COME WITH the pedal?
Quote by DreadAlert
But apparantly its a great amp and those effects could just add to the fun.

It's a great PRACTICE amp. It wouldn't compare to a real tube amp, though it would certainly be more versatile.
Infact, looking at that Peavey now, I know I dont need that much stuff.
I need something that sounds good (like a Tube amp i think..) with less effects, but preferably still some metal-sounding stuff etc. Looping isn't necessary come to think of it.
Oh, and preferably an port for a USB Cable to my computer, cause I'm not really sure how to record any other way..

Anyone got any recommendations?
Last edited by DreadAlert at Sep 30, 2010,
Quote by DreadAlert
Infact, looking at that Peavey now, I know I dont need that much stuff.
I need something that sounds good (like a Tube amp i think..) with less effects, but preferably still some metal-sounding stuff etc. Looping isn't necessary come to think of it.
Oh, and preferably an port for a USB Cable to my computer, cause I'm not really sure how to record any other way..

Anyone got any recommendations?

Well you are going to have to make some sacrifices lol. The USB port will be rare, especially on tube amps. And if they do have a direct out, it will most likely sound like crap. I'm sure the vypyr's recording via USB would sound better than most tube amp direct outs.

And there are plenty of amps that would sound fine for the jazz/cleaner music you want to play, but there aren't many tube metal amps in that price range. And for an amp that has all three of these features, you will need to stretch the budget a bit.

Honestly I think the Vypyr would be fine.