Hi, everyone!
I'm new around here, so, if i do a mistake or two, please let me know!

The thing is...
I play guitar for about 3 years, and i learned it on my own.
But, i'm one hell of a lucky guy, and i got run over by a car, and i broke my hand in 4 different places. (the left hand, the fret one.)
And the doc's told me that i can't play guitar with that hand anymore.
So, i'm learning EVERYTHING with the other hand!
And i came here to ask some useful advice that you could give me...

Many thanks, in advance!
wow :O im sorry to hear that , im impressed at your dedication.

itll be harder to do than before, but because you already know whatever theory you know, you wont be at a beginner level on a mental level.

i reccomend, to get used to the newness of it, that you just practise playing scales up and down until youre comfortable playing the other way round. also, obviously, practise basic chords, and switching between them.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Thanks for the tips!

Well, the doctors didn't told me anything about picking, they just told me that i can't play guitar. I assume that it got no problem with picking...

Holy Gzus, with the feet?!
O_o
Dave Mustaine had to re-learn guitar completely, but he did it with his same hand, maybe if you check the web he might have given some tips on re-learning guitar.
I really can't give advice on that. I would show the doctor what motions you will be doing (picking) and ask if it's fine. Don't wanna start shredding then never be able to move your hand again. <--exaggerating for a point. But still, I would ask.
la de da.
Yeah, i didn't think of that, when i was at the hospital...
First thing i'll do tomorrow morning, then i'll let ya know!

And thanks everyone, i'm very thankful.
You can't use it to fret for the rest of your life? **** that, soon as I could I'd do it anyways
"[Bleach] is mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach"

I feel we should go to...

Purple Alert
.-.
I don't think that is a good idea.
I'll lose all the dexterity of my fingers, and i can train the other hand while the other recovers, if i wait for the left hand to recover i'll waste a big time of my life.
Quote by soulsablaze
You can't use it to fret for the rest of your life? **** that, soon as I could I'd do it anyways

+1

in forrest gump, he wasn't supposed to be able to run, and look what happend. true story btw.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Maybe at worst you can take up teh flute? Or some classical instrumet
: )
Do one-handed instruments exist..?
Harmonica?
Can't think of anything else.
Can you sing?
la de da.
S'up, everyone!
So, just arrived from the hospital, they told me that i can pick alright, just don't overdoing it...
And no, i can't sing, i'm a vocal disaster.
.-.
Well, if you used your left hand to fret the guitar, you must be right handed. So the muscles in your right hand are already developed. Furthurmore, your brain already know the motions that you need to play the guitar and the way the brain functions, what ever you learn for one side of your body gets duplicated for the other. So I think it should not be too difficult. The biggest hurdle will be to get the left hand up to speed again, but other than that, hopefully it'll be easier to fret with the right hand.

I've always wondered why right handed players fret with the left hand any way. It would just be so much easier to do with your right hand.
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Quote by vonKrahe
Hi, everyone!
I'm new around here, so, if i do a mistake or two, please let me know!

The thing is...
I play guitar for about 3 years, and i learned it on my own.
But, i'm one hell of a lucky guy, and i got run over by a car, and i broke my hand in 4 different places. (the left hand, the fret one.)
And the doc's told me that i can't play guitar with that hand anymore.
So, i'm learning EVERYTHING with the other hand!
And i came here to ask some useful advice that you could give me...

Many thanks, in advance!

Have done the same.

Don't worry you have huge advantage - you already know what to do, it's just a matter of getting technique back and lots of patience.
For my Paul Gilbert videos (Intense Rock) plus Petrucci's Rock Discipline worked great, of course after I re-learned basic techniques like chords etc...

It really goes fast, so no worries.
Sorry to hear about that. If i ever lost my left hand or right hand or something like that i'd learn to just solo with one hand. I can't imagine that though and i worry because i do Carpentry, theres a chance something like that could happen.