Hello,
I have an electric piano (an Ashbury KB-100), and a couple days ago, it simply wouldn't turn on. It doesn't run on batteries or anything, just an electrical outlet. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

probably a short in the wire that connects the outlet to the piano.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Is it plugged in?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Victory2134
probably a short in the wire that connects the outlet to the piano.

Hm, okay. Well, I'm not good with opening things up and working with wires or anything. Would it be cheaper for me to get it fixed by a professional, or just buy a used one of E-bay for $150.

Last edited by CPDmusic at Sep 30, 2010,
Quote by CPDmusic
Hm, okay. Well, I'm not good with opening things up and working with wires or anything. Would it be cheaper for me to get it fixed by a professional, or just buy a used one of E-bay for $150.

It depends how much they'll charge to look at it and if there is a problem they found how much they'll charge for to fix it.

Plus, save up 700 $ and get yourself a Juno 106. They're Gods
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Last edited by Deadlock Riff at Sep 30, 2010,
Quote by CPDmusic

Well what exactly is connected to the outlet?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Alright:
Have you tried turning it off and then on again?

Yes
Perhaps the power cable has gone?

I've tried three different cables.
Well what exactly is connected to the outlet?

I'm not quite sure what you mean?

Noted.

I was hoping this would be about actual electric pianos.

Delicious.

Quote by Deadlock Riff
It depends how much they'll charge to look at it and if there is a problem they found how much they'll charge for to fix it.

They sound great, but they don't have many features at all, which is why they have awesome built-in chorus to compensate for it.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Sep 30, 2010,
your POSITIVE it doesnt run on batteries? because i went without playing my piano that just plugs into the wall for like a month because i didnt realize it ran on batteries also.
Quote by tissue-box
On the home page they have pictures of some band called 'escape the fate'.
Is anyone else attracted to that girl with the white guitar (on the right) ?

Quote by CannedBullets
That's a dude.
There should be something that runs from the piano and into a wall. Explain what that is and I may be able to help you out. Also, check to see if it can run on batteries.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
There should be something that runs from the piano and into a wall. Explain what that is and I may be able to help you out. Also, check to see if it can run on batteries.

It's just a basic DC 12 volt 800mA power transmitter. And it does run on batteries, but unfortunately I don't have 8 C batteries lying around :/

Quote by CPDmusic
It's just a basic DC 12 volt 800mA power transmitter. And it does run on batteries, but unfortunately I don't have 8 C batteries lying around :/

If you can disconnect the 12volt from the piano then I'd replace that. You may need to buy an a/c adaptor for a new wire, but that fix is relatively cheap. However, if it's unable to disconnect from the piano then you'll need to have it looked at by a professional, or you need to buy a new one.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
If you can disconnect the 12volt from the piano then I'd replace that. You may need to buy an a/c adaptor for a new wire, but that fix is relatively cheap. However, if it's unable to disconnect from the piano then you'll need to have it looked at by a professional, or you need to buy a new one.

It does disconnect, but I've also tried two other adapters of the same voltage and mA. I'll pick up a bunch of C batteries tonight though, so I can determine whether it's just the adaptor or the keyboard itself. If it's the keyboard, I'll probably just buy a used one This keyboard was nothing special anyways...

Last edited by CPDmusic at Sep 30, 2010,
I realize this thread has been dead a while, but I've got an update. I FINALLY got around to purchasing 8 D batteries, and the good news: the piano works perfectly on batteries. Now, considering the number of different power adapters I've tried, it has to be something internal with the keyboard, stopping the power adapter to transmit power to the keyboard, but still allowing it to be powered by batteries. Would this be expensive to fix? Would I be better off buying a new keyboard? Could I just get crafty and wire up 12 volts to the battery socket?