Hey guys. So here's the deal:

About a month ago, I got a new computer (my old one was stolen), one with Mac OSX 10.6, to be more precise. Now, I've been a bit busy trying to recover all of my old files and noticed about a week ago that I can't run Guitar Pro 5 on this computer. The program opens, that little annoying tune at the beginning sounds, and it crashes. Every time. At first I didn't think it was too big of a problem; I figured I'd just use normal tabs. But lately I've been needing it and I can't figure out for the life of me how to make it work. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? And if not, I'm considering shelling out for Guitar Pro 6, but I'm not making any decisions until I'm sure this can't be fixed.

tl;dr: Guitar pro 5 doesn't work on new computer, wat do?
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
you should probably explain more about the problem. Do any warnings/errors come up when it crashes?
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
I've heard Guitar Pro 5 is shit on Macs, so go for the new one I guess.
Alot of people have troubles with GP5 on mac. You would probably be best to upgrade to 6
Quote by Alive@myfuneral
you should probably explain more about the problem. Do any warnings/errors come up when it crashes?

Just the usual 'This program has quit unexpectedly' that appears after anything crashes.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Have you checked with the manufacturer's website to see if there are any downloadable updates for this product?
Moving on.....
OK, have you tried opening it from the applications folder? I know nothing about macs so for all i know that's the usual way, but someone said that worked for them

edit: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=775990

A few suggestions there from people who have the same problem
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Last edited by Alive@myfuneral at Sep 30, 2010,