I have read a lot of reviews telling me that these amps are NOT road worthy. I cant tell if its just bashing, or if there really is a problem. I want to buy a tour master because i love how it sounds, but i need something i can take on the road and not worry about.

Also i see a lot of guitar players using them, seems maybe they had a bad batch or something?

please any info on these amp reliability will be appreciated
thanks
Where are these telling you they're not road worthy? They're built for the road, henc the name Tourmaster. Yeah, they're heavy as sh*t, but they're definitely road worthy.

10$ says the people don't even own the amp.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
i see, and i know you know what your talking about based on your other posts. Harmony-central.com
about half the reviews there are saying that they are not reliable at all, but like i said i see a lot of Paid guitarists playing them. theres gotta be a reason the pros are using them
Although I did not care for the Tourmaster as much as the Renegade or even the Rebels - I gotta say they felt solid as hell. I really can't imagine there being too many issues with these amps (I also wonder how many have been sold). They seem very well built to me. No, I have not owned one. Also, keep in mind - it is usually people that do have an issue with a new amp that speak up. There will be hundreds of others that are perfectly happy with the quality and build of their amp and never say a word.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 1, 2010,
the reason is Bruce Egnater knows how to build an amp.

Most people who had problems seem to be bitching because it was Made in China, which doesn't account for jack all anymore since some factories over there have better QC then american companies (See: Gibson).

Sounds like if you blinfolded them and gave them two identical amps, and told them one was from China and one was from the States, they would automatically pick the american amp for no other reason than the fact that it was MIA.

every batch of amps will have a lemon. No one would be using DSLs/Bugeras/everyimportampevermade if everyone jumped ship as soon as a couple of people have a problem.

FWIW, I knew a guybwho complained about his Deluxe reverb breaking all the time, and i saw him literally THROW IT FROM THE BACK OF HIS PICKUP so he wouldn't have to carry it. take internet reviews with a grain of salt.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 30, 2010,
thank you for all the amazing help. i hear the same thing that the chinese squires are actually made better than the american made strats now a days lol. Based on your re assurance, i will buy the tour master, and break the mold of bad reviews im sure.
Quote by xkmattx
thank you for all the amazing help. i hear the same thing that the chinese squires are actually made better than the american made strats now a days lol. Based on your re assurance, i will buy the tour master, and break the mold of bad reviews im sure.

Now I wouldn't go that far. But I'm sure they are perfectly solid amps. I am pretty sure most people with tube amps don't know how to treat them. IE the proper use of the Standby/ON switches, unplugging guitars with the amp still on, etc.
The Tourmaster is absolutely road-worthy...however the Renegade sounds worlds better.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Th
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Try out a renegade head ploix

Why don't you go ahead and ditch the splawn and get the renegade yourself?

We all know you're secretly thinking about it
Quote by patriotplayer90

Why don't you go ahead and ditch the splawn and get the renegade yourself?

We all know you're secretly thinking about it

Seriously though...the only person I've ever seen talk about how awesome the Renegade is, is......................................................................

I got nothin'. Buy one.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by SLonergan
Seriously though...the only person I've ever seen talk about how awesome the Renegade is, is......................................................................

I got nothin'. Buy one.

I agree, he can't keep living out his fantasies with the renegade through us.
Quote by patriotplayer90
I agree, he can't keep living out his fantasies with the renegade through us.

I thought you said last week you didn't think it was all that

I like the Renegade A LOT. Maybe more than the Splawn not really

TS - the Tourmaster is a solid investment. I would have no worries. I'll try to read up on the HC review of it.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 30, 2010,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

TS - the Tourmaster is a solid investment. I would have no worries. I'll try to read up on the HC review of it.

I withdrew that comment. I played it for a second time and thought it was great. I may even consider getting one in the future, but my needs are satisfied right now.
Quote by patriotplayer90
I withdrew that comment. I played it for a second time and thought it was great. I may even consider getting one in the future, but my needs are satisfied right now.

My needs will be satisfied tomorrow...

...that sounded dirty.
Quote by rmr024

Quote by SLonergan
My needs will be satisfied tomorrow...

...that sounded dirty.

Go on...

But seriously tc, try the renegade unless your getting an awesome deal on the tourmaster
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

i will trade my Renegade straight up for you splawn. seriously, i would even pay for both directions of shipping.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I am getting the tourmaster for 600. Its in perfect condition and still has 2 years left on the warranty
Quote by xkmattx
I am getting the tourmaster for 600. Its in perfect condition and still has 2 years left on the warranty

Good deal, test it out to see if you like it
The Tourmasters are on clearance everywhere. Not entirely sure why. My local GC has a Tourmaster for like $715 and it's new condition, all original packaging, it even comes with a freaking road case! I would've bought it if I didn't love the Renegade THAT MUCH more.

I really can't see a problem with Egnater's build quality. Dude's been building amps since before most of us were born. He's legit.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Thanks for the support guys! I just signed up on this forum, to keep in touch with our customers better, and saw this thread. I'll pass the nice comments on to Bruce(my dad). I'll be checking in to a lot of the forums daily, so I look forward to talking to you guys.
Tell your dad the Rebel f*cking rocks while you're at it.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Ian Egnater
Thanks for the support guys! I just signed up on this forum, to keep in touch with our customers better, and saw this thread. I'll pass the nice comments on to Bruce(my dad). I'll be checking in to a lot of the forums daily, so I look forward to talking to you guys.

Tell your Dad we want the Armageddon!!!
Quote by rmr024

Quote by Ian Egnater

Yeah, tell him the boys over at Ultimate Guitar love what he is doing. Modular stuff included. I'm a big fan of the Renegade and Tweaker in particular and I'm sure I will love the Armageddon once I get my hands on one.

We also have an Ultimate Egnater thread somewhere close by. I'll go bump it (9:42am CST)

This is me in the GC loud room taking notes

TS - yeah that is a very good deal - I'd take that.
For that price, absolutely get that amp. Most peoples problem with the Tourmaster (myself included) is that it is just a little too expensive for what you're getting. At that price its a great amp for the money.
Quote by rmr024

For anybody wanting the Armageddon, if you live near LA, we will be showing at the LA amp show with a freshly tweaked Armageddon that is very very near what will end up in stores.
^ If I was near LA I would def try to make that.

Is the Armageddon delayed right now or is everything on track as always?

Here is our Egnater Thread....hope you decide to stick around

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1339413