For ages I have been trying to decide on a guitar to get for christmas but, I am perfectly happy with the guitar I have now so I have decided to just get some new pups. Right now I have an LTD EX-50 guitar which I know some people hate but it seems to fit me perfectly! I still have the stock pickups (I think they are called like ESP LH-300's) though after 3 years :S

I have looked at a few, mainly for Heavy/Thrash Metal so here is my list:

Seymour Duncan SH-6 set
Seymour Duncan SH-8 invader

That's all I have so far but I am open to suggestions and if you have experince with these pickups tell me what they are like.

The pickups I have now seem to be a bit too middy for me so I want quite low mid pickups. Basically want a sound like Metallica, Slayer (Yes I am a Metallica fanboy) and Iron maiden. Right now my amp is a Blackstar HT-5 tube mini stack.

I will replace the neck and bridge pickups

Thanks alot!
Well the D-Activators are good as well as the DiMarzio X2N.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
I can't really find many of those Dimarzio pickups so does it matter if they are 'F space' even though I don't have a floyd rose?
So far, I haven't been able to find the pickups suggested. I found a few Dimarzio's but noe of those warpigs. Where can I get them in the UK?
Quote by AcousticMirror
bkp warpigs

This.

If you want a lower mid orientated pickup you are not going to get anything better than a Bareknuckle Warpig.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
I really like my Manlius Full Range. F-spaced is dependent on if you have a trem or not. It doesn't really make too much of a difference, you can make anything work.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Aha thanks for the link for the warpigs. Are they good for the price? They are very expensive! I only have about £150 but I can stretch to around £200 if they are amazing!
Quote by UKMaster
Aha thanks for the link for the warpigs. Are they good for the price? They are very expensive! I only have about £150 but I can stretch to around £200 if they are amazing!

Its £230 for a matched set and they are worth every penny if I am honest with you. You will not find anything better.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Right here's my problem. I am only 14 years old so as you can imagine I don't get much money very often. + although those BKP warpigs sound really good, they are very expensive (about as much as my guitar costs!). Has anyone else used them. + are they passive pickups?
if the bkp's are too expensive for you a pair of Deactivators or XN2s should be second best
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
DiMarzios are not a lot cheaper in UK than Bareknuckles. Best budget options would be from Irongear. Look at the Steamhammer and Hammerhead models which are designed for the sort of metal you want. Plenty of boosted low end.
Or you can go the boutique route with Rock Monkey (he's a member here) and he will give you good advice about his range. SOB looks right up your street at £65 each.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

If you can't afford the Warpigs, then Rockmonkey would be a good alternative, or Bulldog. The guy at Bulldog is an ex-Bareknuckle man anyway, so I'm sure could wind something as hot as the Warpig (by the way, a ceramic pig sounds awesome through a nice tube amp).
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Ah right well I have had a look at lots of the pickups suggested and I like the Dimarzio D-activators. I have a few questions about them. 1. Are there 2 types of the D-activator for the bridge and neck positions or is there just 1 you can use for both? 2. What goes well with this in the bridge? 3. Where can I buy them in the UK because most of them are F-spaced and I don't have a tremolo? and that's about it.
if you can afford £200 then you'll be happy about this

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/warpig-open/69700
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Oh ye! if I buy those warpigs I will probably buy them from the official website and get the cover version in a cool colour. Only an extra £40 so I think I can stretch a bit more! Has anyone else used them?
Haven't had the pleasure of playing them myself but there are a good few people around here that use them and plenty of others that use other BKPs.

There are also various DiMarzios in addition to the ones already mentioned that are quite good for metal too.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
How come most of those DiMarzio's are 'F Space'? I have been looking mainly at the Dimarzio d-activators, Seymour duncan SH-6 set and the BKP Warpigs. Not sure which ones to get, considering price, value for money, sound etc.!