I've read through the main thread on amp recommendations, but still haven't found precisely what I'm looking for.

I just bought a Gretsch Pro Jet and am looking for basically a practice amp, but somewhere between 15-30 watts. I hate modeling, so would prefer an amp without it. Mostly the only effects I absolutely want are reverb and distortion, and would prefer an amp that focused on the quality of the tone and not whatever extras they like to throw in to make it seem like a better value. And then there's my price limit, which keeps increasing, but really has to stay at $300 cause I just don't have a lot of money right now.

I've been having trouble finding an amp that meets those specifications, though I would've thought it a simple request. For some reason, in this price range, modeling is really popular and I'm trying to avoid it. I guess the amp I'm leaning towards, the one that comes the closest to what I'm after and gets great reviews, is the Peavey Bandit 112. My only issue is that it's a bit bigger than what I really need, and I just wanted to see if there was a suitable alternative that was smaller and/or cheaper. And what would pair well with a Gretsch?

Thanks.
Check out the VHT special 6. comes in a head or combo version for like $200 or so.
Its a 5 watt all tube screamer!
^that

possibly the new Kustom Defender 5.

SuperChamp is a great amp, but it is a modeler.

Bugera V22?

Blackheart Little Ant?

Vox Night Train?

Egnater Rebel 20 used?

Epi Valve Sr?

Bandits are cool

What kind of music do you play?