Pulled the trigger and have purchased an Agile guitar:

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3100whitegold.html

She's a beauty. But I have a few questions for you:

1.) What would you compare this model "quality-wise" to?
2.) For the price; should I have gone Epiphone?
3.) I'm used to playing on a $300 - 400 dollar Stratocaster; how much of a difference am I going to feel?
1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDaxIQNkirk

2) Definately not

3) The neck might take some adjusting to, but other than that and the bodystyle, it might feel weird for about 5 minutes, you'll get use to it pretty quickly once you start playing.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
HNGD

1. can't comment, i'm from england and we don't have agile over here.

2. i've heard baaaaad things about epi les pauls so i do believe you made the right choice.

3. quite a bit. 1. it's going to be a heavier guitar, both weight wise and sound wise. and 2. the neck might be a bit thicker.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Solid mahogany (not a multi-ply!) arch top body

Wood could still be bad quality so doesnt tell us much.
Triple bound body, and headstock. Single binding on neck

That's Cool , but doesn't really do anything for sound.
Gold hardware, including die-cast Grover tuners with 18-1 turning ratio for ultra fine tuning (Model 102-18G)

Tuners=Good. The gold looks good.
Two Type V Alnico humbucker pickups for warm, tradional sound

Doesn't tell us shit about how the sound. Tone is subjective, they can lie all the want.
The AL-3100 comes with improved wiring, improved pots (now higher voltage with brass shafts for reduced noise) and an improved pickup selector switch

That's all pretty much bullshit.
Two volume and two tone controls, plus a three way pickup selector switch

That's pretty much standard on les pauls
One piece Mahogany set neck with 13.7" (350mm) radius neck for fast play and adjustable truss rod

Set neck=Good. The neck is flatter than most les pauls, it's prefference. Adjustable truss rod=pretyy much stadnard.
Ebony fretboard with 22 Jumbo frets and real Mother-Of-Pearl Trapezodial

Ebony fretboard on a les paul is unique. Standard inlays. Jumbo frets not usually seen on LP's but they feel good to me.
A pre-cut graph tec tusq graphite nut is installed

Goood.
Individually hand filed frets for professional feel and playability

Cool story brah? Machines can be more accurate then humans at filing frets.

Actual Weight is only 10 lbs

That's impressive, my Epi weighs 12.

Overall i think you got a real good deal. Enjoy her.
Last edited by salgala2000 at Sep 30, 2010,
i dont know, the only les paul i have ever played is my epi and i love it. as soon as agile start selling/shipping over here i think ill grab one though.

or this time next year i might go on holiday over there and see if i can pick one up.
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Dude. I got an AL-3000 and the pots/wirings are pretty good. Caps is very suggestive again. Overall, The epiphone doesn't even come close to an Agile. The stock pickups are actually decent. I would say better then the epiphone one for sure.
I've got a similar model (mine just has EMGs in it) and I'd compare it closer to something like an LTD EC. Closest guitar I played to it was probably the EC-401VF. Good guitar for the money, I'd put it on par with the LTD EC-1000 and EC-401s I've played. Also *readies flameshield*, I hate to sound like a broken record but it was better than the Gibson LPs I've played, granted they've only been the worn finish studios.
They sound pretty goddamn good if people are comparing them to $2000 gibsons... In that video that was posted, I can't hear the difference between the Agile and the Les Paul :P

When I'm rich I'll probably pick one up - why not, at that price? Shame I'm in the UK so I'll end up paying a lot more though...
I've been wanting an Agile 7 for a while, since I don't like Schecters that much, and Ibanez doesn't have any good 7s in the same price range. I guess I could go used, though.
Agiles are great guitars but I hate hate hate hate hate that cutaway.

It makes it look like a cheap Les Paul knockoff imitation..... which is what it is.

Great guitars though. That can't be denied.
Quote by Avalanchi
Pulled the trigger and have purchased an Agile guitar:

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3100whitegold.html

She's a beauty. But I have a few questions for you:

1.) What would you compare this model "quality-wise" to?
2.) For the price; should I have gone Epiphone?
3.) I'm used to playing on a $300 - 400 dollar Stratocaster; how much of a difference am I going to feel?

i know.

how about you get the guitar and then post a NGD.

1. why buy a guitar then ask about its quality?
2. why buy a guitar THEN ask if you should have gotten a different brand.
3. how are you comparing a strat to an lp.

all the agile guys are going to tell you that a $300 agile is better than a $2000 gibson. if you feel like it is then, great news for you.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Dave Frenzy
i dont know, the only les paul i have ever played is my epi and i love it. as soon as agile start selling/shipping over here i think ill grab one though.

or this time next year i might go on holiday over there and see if i can pick one up.

Agile do ship to the UK, you have to send them an e-mail about it though, someone called insatanwetrustslave on youtube lives in leeds and he has a silverburst Agile AL3100, the ALs are really starting to tempt me but I need a new amp first.
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm
just think......bc rich+nice ring=happy girl

no ring+gibson es-335= no bitch and an awesome guitar.
Quote by Holy Katana
I've been wanting an Agile 7 for a while, since I don't like Schecters that much, and Ibanez doesn't have any good 7s in the same price range. I guess I could go used, though.

But Schecters are br00tz and they have coil tapz and abalone inlayz!!!!111!!!!!
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm
just think......bc rich+nice ring=happy girl

no ring+gibson es-335= no bitch and an awesome guitar.
Quote by jj1565
i know.

how about you get the guitar and then post a NGD.

1. why buy a guitar then ask about its quality?
2. why buy a guitar THEN ask if you should have gotten a different brand.
3. how are you comparing a strat to an lp.

all the agile guys are going to tell you that a $300 agile is better than a $2000 gibson. if you feel like it is then, great news for you.

Dude, you just got owned ...... by a girl.
Quote by BobDetroit
Dude, you just got owned ...... by a girl.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Love it for what is it. If you are already wanting to think or compare it with something else you lose.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
1. I visited the Rondo store a few years ago with cash-in-hand looking for the great deal that everyone was talking about. I went looking for a backup Strat copy but also played the LP type guitars. Let's just say I left the store with all my money and no guitar. Build quality at the time was not great especially the fretwork. Lots of sharp edges and random rough spots on the fret tops causing a scratching noise when bending the strings. To be fair, this was a while ago and I would hope that they have addressed these issues by now. Overall impression was not good.
2. Compairing them to Epiphone is kind of a toss-up. I will say that the Epi would be easier to resell down the road. No big demand for used Agiles. The big advantage to buying an Epiphone would be that you can try before you buy. Go to the music store and pick out the one guitar that speaks to you. With Rondo you get what you get, period.
3. Huge difference between Strat and LP style guitars. Weight, balance, tone, controls, raised pickguard/flatpickguard, 3X3/6 in line headstock, pickup selection, switch position, etc. Most people are comfortable with either one or the other.