Hello everyone, I'm quite obviously looking for an Ibanez Guitar. This is pretty much my list here:

- $500 - $600 budget, glad to buy used
- I am fine with a Floyd Rose, or Fixed bridge.

And that's about it, because basic Ibanez Standards cover the rest... (24 frets, thin neck, humbucking pickups, etc.) I play about everything, but really just love the necks on the Ibanez's so I'm trying to look at these even though metal isn't a priority. I will have a Jet City 20W, or Blackstar HT-20, or something similar by time I get this guitar too.

I have looked a little and noticed these:

Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez RG2550E (Prestige)
Ibanez RGT42DXFM
Ibanez RG1451 (Prestige)
Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez S570DXQM
Ibanez S5EX1 (Money left for Replacing Pickups)
Ibanez RG420FB (Money left for Replacing Pickups)

Thanks!
EDIT: Sorry I have been editing the list of guitars above because I forgot some in the original post, so if you refresh and new ones are there or you missed some, thats why.
Last edited by Zerrox at Sep 30, 2010,
Why does it have to be Ibanez?
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Quote by GoIrish668
Why does it have to be Ibanez?

Because I really just want to get a feel for Ibanez's right now, if I don't end up finding one the I absolutely love, I'll go to other brands. That and the Wizard necks are AMAZING.

EDIT: The RG550 looks great, but I can't stand the color... seriously I won't be happy with it knowing there are more colors. I'll keep it in mind and watch for other colors.
Last edited by Zerrox at Sep 30, 2010,
Quote by Zerrox
Because I really just want to get a feel for Ibanez's right now, if I don't end up finding one the I absolutely love, I'll go to other brands. That and the Wizard necks are AMAZING.

EDIT: The RG550 looks great, but I can't stand the color... seriously I won't be happy with it knowing there are more colors. I'll keep it in mind and watch for other colors.

Fair enough, but keep in mind that your budget is right in the range for an RG550, and it'll probably be the best ibanez you can buy for the money. Seriously. Those guitars are practically what made Ibanez such a big name.
With our lives based on the hope for salvation
The humanist paradigm is nothing but a charade
Condemned to inertia: a passive race
We wait and contemplate

yeah get a 550 or a newer 1570,

basically the same guitar just different trem ( both top of the range ) and different neck join.

great guitars for the money you wont be disappointed with either

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Also look for an RG 570 (A 550 without a pickguard, basically), an RG 560 (A 570 with HSS pickup configuration instead of HSH), or if you're lucky, an RG 540 (A 560 with a pickguard). You can use the leftover money to buy better pickups, if you don't like the stock.
Splawn Quickrod
Various Pedals
PRS Custom 22
Ibanez RG560
American Standard Strat
Is there anything like a 550 that has Flame maple top or sharktooth inlays? Just wondering bcause I like that. Not that I wouldn't get it without.
^No 5XX's had flamed tops or sharktooth inlays. 770DX's have sharktooth inlays, and some have flamed tops (770DXFM) but they're nowhere near as common as the solid colours.
You might be able to find a 580, its a mahogany 570 with an oil finish, they look great.
i have an ibanez RG exfm1.

At first i didnt think i would like this guitar to well but i've come to love it. I've played alot of Ibanez's and this is by far my favorite. I got mine for i think $600. not to sure.

Great sound, Great look, and you'll get the girls with this lol
RG3EXFM1 looks like it would play nice with new pickups, but won't it still feel/sound very low end?

And I just saw a thing about an RG550 LTD. It has sharktooth inlays, whats with that?
Quote by Tom 1.0

+1. I've got an RG550. Most beautiful guitar I've ever played. Just a problem with it so far is it staying in tune. But it's cause I got new strings on her.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
How about an RG770FM? It's a nice looking guitar. I really can't stand the vibrant yellow, red, and blue colors of the RG550. Although the black RG550 would like sweet with a white Pickgaurd.
I have about 40 guitars

The Ibanez SZ720 and SZR520 are in the my top 10.

You should be able to get a SZS520 for $350 or so.

(get a fixed bridge Ibanez)
Yeah I've actually heard good things about the SZ Series, but I really want that Bassword classic Ibanez RG feel an look to the guitar. To me, that's just the whole point. And a fixed bridge would be simpler, but for getting an Ibanez, it's a no no... IMO lol