As you can see, my guitar has a hairline crack that starts around the low E tuner and continues about halfway through the thickness of the headstock on its side.

It's been like this for at least a year and I haven't noticed any major problems, but should I fix/take care of this before it escalates into a bigger problem? If so, how?
It looks like it's just a crack in the finish from what I can see. My SG copy has the same looking cracks at the neck joint, and it's been fine for over 2 years, and when I took it to a tech, he said it was just in the finish.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
it looks like when they drilled the hole for the screw(on the low e machine head) it cracked the finish.

i dont think it should cause any problems
i got the same thing going on my Epi around the neck joint. Been that way for over a year. No probs so far.
I has an Epi with this kinda crack all over the body for some time now and it hasn't had any problems or broken on me c:

As mentioned, it's just a finish crack.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P