when i record distortion thorugh my digitech rp255 and use distortion it sounds like an elephants anus with diahrea is their any other distortion pedals for direct input or something like a guitar port or one of them things from line six OR do you recomend getting a mic and doing it that way ??
Quote by diofan88
If by knife you mean penis, and by shred you mean sex

then im soo with you

SHAKE AND BAKE
If you're recording DI and don't want to add a shitload of effects, then you'd need to be using a high-end tube amp.
I record through a pedal too, into Reaper, but I add all sorts of plug-ins, EQing and processing before it sounds decent.
ok, so basicly you are saying that when you record with distortion on your pedal it sucks. well then dont do that. if you can, just record clean, without any effects. then visit the vst amp thread and use that stuff for your tone.

or better yet, buy a real interface, and then go to the vst amp thread and use that stuff for your tone.

unless you have a great amp of course. which since you are using a rp255, i assume you dont.
How is your pedal connected to your computer? If you go thru the mic input of your sound card and your default Windows gain boost is checked you could be overdriving the sound card. Or are you using an interface of some sort?
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Quote by dkunick
How is your pedal connected to your computer? If you go thru the mic input of your sound card and your default Windows gain boost is checked you could be overdriving the sound card. Or are you using an interface of some sort?

The Digitech connects to the computer with USB.
thanks you guys for all the help ill try out some of the things when i get home
Quote by diofan88
If by knife you mean penis, and by shred you mean sex

then im soo with you

SHAKE AND BAKE