Okay this video from Paul Gilberts Fuzz Universe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq825JgBHSg

He does a wide stretch around 0:15 and 0:19, I can pull the stretch off fine, by that I mean my fingers are long enough, but spreading them like that is uncomfortable, so I was wondering if some of you fellow guitarists know some off guitar exercises or stretches to make those wide stretches a little more comfortable.

Thanks.
Do it until it's comfortable. Were barre chords comfortable when you first learned them? Probably not, but I bet they're fine now. Just practice stretching your fingers out.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

A good way to get used to these kind of stretches is to start playing the same lick but higher up on the fretboard where you won't have to stretch out so much, once you get comfortable higher up move it down a fret at a time making sure you get comfortable at each stage and making sure your technique is always good.

Don't worry if it takes a long time, Paul Gilbert has been doing these stretchy for literally over 25 years so he makes it look about as easy as anyone ever could.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
A good way to get used to these kind of stretches is to start playing the same lick but higher up on the fretboard where you won't have to stretch out so much, once you get comfortable higher up move it down a fret at a time making sure you get comfortable at each stage and making sure your technique is always good.

Don't worry if it takes a long time, Paul Gilbert has been doing these stretchy for literally over 25 years so he makes it look about as easy as anyone ever could.

This.

Paul has stretched his fingers to the max and as a result he can accurately and cleanly play really wide stretches. Of course in his case it helps to have incredibly long fingers, but really all it takes is time and practice. Slowly stretch your fingers out. My fingers aren't nearly as long as Paul's but I've still stretched them to the point where learning Technical Difficulties, Scarified, and the Gilberto Concerto weren't too hard to learn as far as stretching goes.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Tempoe
Make sure your thumb is well behind the neck for long stretches.

yes, and slightly dropping the shoulder to allow such a thumb position often helps as well. Thinking ahead, anticipating the movement of shoulder wrist and thumb slightly ahead of time helps. Another trick is to pre-position a left hand finger and work the stretch from the anchor point rather than grabbing for the extension in one go.
Always have the guitar well positioned, not slung too low.
another exercise you can do, where you can't bring your guitar (for example work or school or somethignlike that) is to stretch your fingers on your fretting hand as far apart as you can, then put them at rest again, slowwly your rage will increase but it will be noticable, and wider stretches will become much easier.....