Page 1 of 2
Now, I know you're probably thinking that this thread has been done dozens of times, and it has, but only for music. I've never seen a thread about the guilty pleasures people have in areas outside of music, so I decided to make one.

I'll admit that I have an unhealthy obsession with TV infomercials. I've never bought any of the shit they hawk on TV, and never plan to, but I've always found infomercials to have a certain charm to them, albeit a rather hyperreal and sometimes unsettling one.

For example, I recently found out that the king of shit guitars and mediocre fingerstyle easy-listening music, Esteban, is still going strong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8qr5eoxnhw

For some reason, I derive some sort of pleasure out of watching it. I honestly can't describe why I enjoy infomercials; they just have something about them.

So, Pit, what are some of the things you enjoy doing that you're somewhat embarrassed about?
Masturbation joke imminent
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
Quote by sglover34479
Watching people, like someone sitting across the room, I like to just watch, see how they're thinking about doing what they're doing, how they do certain things, etc. It creates a lot of awkward moments though.

I'm an avid people-watcher, too. It's best in smaller areas, since you have a rotating cast of characters who enter and exit, and then you have a sort of Greek chorus sometimes.

Yes, I watch people as if I were watching a play. Don't judge me!
similar to you guys ^^, i watch people walk around in my school. its amazing how people just walk around in circles for no apparent reason
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Listen in on other people's conversations and see if they're biased, have fake/wrong info, contradicting themselves (this annoys me the most) or are just plain stupid.
Im not embarrased about it though. I would openly say to someone stupid that they sound as if half of their language centre was missing if it was bad enough.

Also I am too a people watcher.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Last edited by Deadlock Riff at Sep 30, 2010,
Quote by Holy Katana
I'm an avid people-watcher, too. It's best in smaller areas, since you have a rotating cast of characters who enter and exit, and then you have a sort of Greek chorus sometimes.

I would only judge you positively, good sir.

I people watch too. I wish I knew more people in person that liked to do it too.

Quote by sglover34479
Ever watch someone and have them look at you and realize? And then i can't help but quickly look away and be like >_> <_<

I just continue looking at them and smile. It's usually a girl though
Last edited by BananaMartyr at Sep 30, 2010,
Quote by Deadlock Riff
Listen in on other people's conversations and see if they're biased, have fake/wrong info, contradicting themselves (this annoys me the most) or are just plain stupid.
Im not embarrased about it though. I would openly say if someone stupid that they sound as if half of their language centre was missing if it was bad enough.

Also I am too a people watcher.

That too, only I tend to formulate opinions of people by doing that, if they are hypocrites I'll certainly avoid them, but if they are saying something noble or true, a lot of times I'll make a friend.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
I would openly say if someone stupid that they sound as if half of their language centre was missing if it was bad enough.

i follow tramps... it's not the best thing in the world, but its nice to do some research david attinborough style!

but on a serious note... my gf watches gossip girl. i'd rather sit there and play fifa on my 360 but i just get drawn in and sit there watching it with her on her laptop... =[
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I people watch, cosplay (only when appropriate), and my biggest guilty pleasure: trolling on Omegle.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by CaptDin

i fix'd it

I was typing faster than i could think at the time.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

watching the colbert report and taking it seriously.
and inb4 masturbation joke!
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Youll eventually get raped, but I wouldnt mind a compliment on my penis, a penis compliment is the best kind of compliment.

Quote by moscaespañol
Nice sig by the way.
I've never really listened in on a conversation x.X Kinda strikes me as creepy. I just usually look at them and their body language...try to imagine what they're thinking, their stress levels, happiness, confidence level, ect. People act so differently when they don't know that anybody is looking at them.
Quote by Dempsey68
i follow tramps... it's not the best thing in the world, but its nice to do some research david attinborough style!

but on a serious note... my gf watches gossip girl. i'd rather sit there and play fifa on my 360 but i just get drawn in and sit there watching it with her on her laptop... =[

I used to read my sister's Seventeen magazines without her knowledge. I was just curious what would be in girls' magazines. Back then, I was under the impression that girls had some super-secret stuff they kept from guys. Not really, as it turns out.

...Unless they communicate the classified information telepathically!
I like to flex my legs and look at my thigh and calf muscles. Only because I'm proud of them, but it's so conceited that I always feel guilty.
Slappa tha bass
Quote by Arfey McFeeshy
I know a guy name Guilty Pleasures. Seriously.

and i kissed a dude named creamy goodness. seriously
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Youll eventually get raped, but I wouldnt mind a compliment on my penis, a penis compliment is the best kind of compliment.

Quote by moscaespañol
Nice sig by the way.
Quote by jethrobob
and i kissed a dude named creamy goodness. seriously

And I ****ed a chick named Nicen Tight. seriously

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by zgr0826
And I ****ed a chick named Nicen Tight. seriously

I took a shit in the mouth of a chick named Portia Lynn Bohl. Seriously.
I used to watch Infomercials all the time as well. The Magic Bullet was my favorite.

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtpKjgwi4Sc
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plbRSugctAA

However, my true guilty pleasure is scaring people. I enjoy sneaking up behind them and yelling something. Or, if its my sister, ill play some evil sounded pieces on my guitar or Keyboard and watch her flip out
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by muffinduck01
I used to watch Infomercials all the time as well. The Magic Bullet was my favorite.

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtpKjgwi4Sc
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plbRSugctAA

However, my true guilty pleasure is scaring people. I enjoy sneaking up behind them and yelling something. Or, if its my sister, ill play some evil sounded pieces on my guitar or Keyboard and watch her flip out

Magic Bullet was great. I always liked Berman, since he was such a grouchy hung over bastard.

There were apparently two sequels, and in the first one, which was set at a camping trip, Berman and Hazel hooked up.

This is a hilarious review of the original: http://www.infomercial-hell.com/magic-bullet/
Last edited by Holy Katana at Sep 30, 2010,
Quote by muffinduck01

What songs do you play on the guitar for the scary? I need tips on what to learn when I get better. Halloween theme is probably great.
Quote by BananaMartyr
What songs do you play on the guitar for the scary? I need tips on what to learn when I get better. Halloween theme is probably great.

The intro section of "Bitches Brew" by Miles Davis is fucking evil. Transcribing it for guitar, however, is probably not an easy task.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc7qiosq4m4
Quote by BananaMartyr

Well, my sister really dislikes the song Black Sabbath, so I usually play that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEoN5Nx4u0w

But, some others work nicely as well.

South of Heaven: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7rpoZE8X8Y

The Bridge in Angel of Death: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6_zsJ8KPP0 (starts at 1:36)

Cremation from King Diamond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOUZiPaqdv8 (just play the low notes, unless you have 3 arms for whatever reason)

and of course some improve stuff. The blues and minor scale are great places to start, the augmented scale is great too, and I made up my own scale that yields great results (weather its already a legit scale, im not sure), but it goes something like this:

el-------------------------------------------0-2-3
Bl-----------------------------------0-2-3--------
Gl-----------------------------2-3----------------
Dl--------------------0-2-4----------------------
Al----------0-1-2-4------------------------------
El-0-2-3------------------------------------------
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Page two and still no masturbation joke?

PIT, YOU'VE FAILED ME!!!!
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Quote by GoIrish668
Page two and still no masturbation joke?

PIT, YOU'VE FAILED ME!!!!

We were inb4'd. It's no longer possible to make a joke as such.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

Quote by Holy Katana

Whenever someone "zones out" I'll always line up myself with their vision and wait for them to snap out of it. Never gets old.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
I know how this'll sound, but I sometimes watch Gilmore Girls to critique the saccharine cuteness of the setting, characters (especially Rory, who I fucking hate), soundtrack, etc.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
We were inb4'd. It's no longer possible to make a joke as such.

**** it, I'll do it anyway.

MASTURBATION. That's my guilty pleasure.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
I troll people on most websites I go to, aside from UG.

I'm also a people-watcher like a few guys said already.

And I'm a chubby chaser...well, that's not really a guilty pleasure. It's just pleasure.
since there hasn't been a full attempt at a masturbation joke yet i feel i must throw one out there....but do i want to ruin the thread?
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Quote by moscaespañol
Nice sig by the way.
Quote by jethrobob
since there hasn't been a full attempt at a masturbation joke yet i feel i must throw one out there....but do i want to ruin the thread?

No you don't, not at all.

I also manipulate people as a guilty pleasure. >_>

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

Quote by GogglesVK
And I'm a chubby chaser...well, that's not really a guilty pleasure. It's just pleasure.

YES!

Quote by ErikLensherr

Page 1 of 2