Mostly inspired by a writing assignment (No I'm not asking for help on it or anything), I'm just wondering; What are your opinions of it? Yes, no? Are you currently going to one?
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
I will have school all year around. Granted one of those quarters is a work term.

just started so... no real opinion yet.

Looking ahead tho, i'll be glad to get it all done at once rather than taking huge breaks of just working some shitty job full time.

For clarity, I'm in college rather than high school.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Sep 30, 2010,
That would suck monkey balls.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Would blow, a lot. However I feel two 1-month break periods per year would be much better than July and August in summer. Maybe a July and a March break or something, one for summer shit and the other for winter stuff (snowmobile, ice fishing, etc.)
yes im a Year round school. personally i like it. my old school had tracks and was much too crowded but year round is nice
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I don't give a shit. I work year round.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Would blow, a lot. However I feel two 1-month break periods per year would be much better than July and August in summer. Maybe a July and a March break or something, one for summer shit and the other for winter stuff (snowmobile, ice fishing, etc.)

I suppose I sort of forgot to account how much climate really effects this. I live in Michigan, and for those of you that don't know, we basically have 3 months where the last thing you want to do is be sweating in a classroom, where as the other 9 are basically a frozen tundra (yes I exaggerated a wee bit). Still, it would be TERRIBLE here.

Having long finished with school I now believe all kids should go all year-round, with maybe Christmas morning off. And lessons should last from 7am until 7pm.. Sod you all!
Being that I went two years pursuing a business degree only to change my mind to doing medical, I'll be in school constantly until 2013, and that includes full summer semesters. And then there's medical school...

But it's ok, I'll be out of school by 2017. Or something.
Quote by Epicbizzjizz
I suppose I sort of forgot to account how much climate really effects this. I live in Michigan, and for those of you that don't know, we basically have 3 months where the last thing you want to do is be sweating in a classroom, where as the other 9 are basically a frozen tundra (yes I exaggerated a wee bit). Still, it would be TERRIBLE here.

I am from Michigan too. While the frozen tundra you speak of doesn't affect most of the Trolls (wink, wink), it gets hotter than shit in the summer, and colder than hell in the winter

Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Last edited by Gibson_SG_uzr55 at Sep 30, 2010,
The answer isn't MORE school, it's more EFFICIENT schooling.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
When you have year round school, it doesn't mean you go to school all 261 days of the year (subtracting Saturdays and Sundays).

You still get holidays off, and you have required breaks, like spring break, fall/autumn break, christmas break, etc. My stepsister had year round schooling in her county, and she still had nearly two months of summer, just like I did.

You go to school more, but you also have just as many breaks.

It's probably better than the current system, because you actually get more of the curriculum properly covered and finished, and actually get SOMETHING out of school.

So, yes, I like year round schooling.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I go to year-round school, and it's not bad. We get 12 weeks holiday a year and 9-11 week terms. I don't mind it.
Once they can figure out how to do something more useful with the current school system other than act as some awful daycare then they might justify year round schooling.
Quote by Zombee
The answer isn't MORE school, it's more EFFICIENT schooling.

This was the main portion of my writing.

Quote by BurningStarlV
Less dumb fuck teachers.

I touched upon that too a bit.

Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

This.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I think it would be better for the students.

How about year-round school, but what if the school week was four days instead of five?

I went to a private school that was year-round. We got like 4-6 weeks off in the Summer (I don't remember too well, I was like seven), a full week for Thanksgiving break, a two week Spring break, and an extra week for Christmas break.

It was pretty sweet. I didn't mind it one bit. We went five days though. The four days was just an idea. We also got like a week off after every grading period. We probably went to more than 180 school days, but having the breaks more evenly spread out was really cool.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
We can't afford to pay teachers as it is, we're cutting programs, etc. The reason why efficiency is the answer.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
It's just a bad idea the way I see it. My school goes back a week early in the summer and we get a week at the end of October/sometimes the beginning of November. My biggest problem is that we have homework during that break every year. But that's a week of my summer. Maybe I sound a bit whiny not wanting to do any work, but I imagine this would happen at every break in a year-round school, so there are no "true" breaks, except those between semesters.
Quote by Epicbizzjizz

See my location. Quit yer bitchin, it could be worse