My girlfriend inherited a bass when her parents divorced years back. They were fighting over it in the divorce so they just agreed to give it to her (probably because they thought they could get it back...). It's been sitting around for years, I'm a guitar player and don't really play bass, so we are considering getting rid of it. I just haven't been able to find anything online about what model it is or what its worth...

I tried to google 'cort cm artist' and other various things but next to nothing comes up. Any insight greatly appreciated.

Here's some pictures...

Looks like a Cort Artisan series.
If you could reason with religious people,there would be no religious people.
Agreed. It is a Cort Artisan neck-through model. Consider yourself lucky. That's a good bass. It looks like it is in good shape.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
It does look similar to some of the basses in the artisan series but I don't think that's it... it says 'Cort CM Artist' at the top... still haven't been able to pinpoint the model through google images...
It is the precursor to the Artisan series. About the only real difference between the old ones (yours) and the new ones is the shape of the headstock and the new ones usually have a matte finish. I like the one you have better than the new ones.

CM likely stands for curly maple, but I can't be sure of that.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
It is the precursor to the Artisan series. About the only real difference between the old ones (yours) and the new ones is the shape of the headstock and the new ones usually have a matte finish. I like the one you have better than the new ones.

CM likely stands for curly maple, but I can't be sure of that.

The curly maple makes sense. Thanks.