Hi UG,

Looking to upgrade from my crappy amp. I'd like to spend between $200-$300. I have a Fender Stratocaster with 3 single coil pick ups. I like to play clean but also distortion.

I've been looking at the Peavey Vyper was wondering if it's worth it to get the 75 watt or to save and pick up the 30 watt. I'll just be dinking around in my house but would still like something that sounds sweet.

Would appreciate the comparison and recommendations! Thanks!
Vypyrs aren't bad. I reckon the Roland Cube 30 would be awesome for you too.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
you say "all around", but is there a particular style that you'll be playing most often? Every amp will have it's shortcomings, some just have less in a particular circumstance.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 30, 2010,
Quote by Jhachey22
you say "all around", but is there a particular style that you'll be playing most often? Every amp will have it's shortcomings, some just have less in a particular circumstance.

I play mostly rock or alternative rock, green day, blink, jimmy eat world, red hot chili, stuff like that.
look into Vox's Valvtronix series and Fender's Vibrochamp. The Vypyrs are awesome for metal, but, like a lot of SS amps, they leave something to be desired in the light overdrive tones and cleans.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
With $300 i'd rather get a Jet City JCA 20 or a Blackstar HT-5 over a vypyr. maybe even a Fender Blues Jr. You would probably have to buy used(which i would suggest)

if you're just playing in your house 5 watts will honestly be more than loud enough.

If you really want a modeler i'd rather have one of the vox valvetronix as well. maybe even the ac4tv would good as well.
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
Last edited by handbanana at Sep 30, 2010,
jca 20 doesn't include a speaker nor does the ht-5. For 2-300 as a max, i would look at the vypyr option or the roland cube 30. If you want a one trick pony you could look at the bugera v5.

Or wait and pick up one of the new pod's.
Guitars
Amps