hey guys, i just got a new practice amp (vox ac4tv) and i was surprised with a little early birthday money so now i have 125 extra bucks and im not sure what to do with it.

any ideas on what could come in handy in the future, like pedals and stuff?

i have the following right now:
electro harmonix small clone chorus
boss ds-1
Dunlop wah (not sure what model, does anyone know how i could get the model?)

i use a sss strat if that could help.

i figured id maybe get a used loop station because no one around mean plays guitar and i could start right my own stuff and play over chords... or i was thinking getting the line 6 pod live multi effects pedal, but im not sure about that. does it go into your computer or amplifier?

all recommendations are appreciated. btw, you can recommend anything, not just pedals.

EDIT: a local music store has a crap load of pedals and what not used for decent prices. also, do you figure a big muff or a tube screamer would come in handy? they have them for around 50 each.

oh and bands I like are hendrix experience, rhcp, zepplin.
Last edited by schism8 at Sep 30, 2010,
What styles of music do you play?

regardless, a looper would be fun to have. I reccomend Boss' loopers, whichever one you can get would be fine.

A tubescreamer's always nice to have, just to push the front end of an amp.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 30, 2010,
for your wah look on the bottom of it for the model name.

and ya a tubescreamer would be nice to have.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Loopers are a great investment, I only have a delay pedal with a loop function for a looper right now but it's still my favorite piece of gear to use.

I'd mostly just suggest going to a shop WITHOUT YOUR MONEY ON YOU, play on everything, make opinions, come back again with a fresh light on it all, and then get something you like.

Or, save it and get something better later.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Last edited by Reisgar42 at Sep 30, 2010,
Quote by Jhachey22
What styles of music do you play?

regardless, a looper would be fun to have. I reccomend Boss' loopers, whichever one you can get would be fine.

A tubescreamer's always nice to have, just to push the front end of an amp.

rock and blues mostly

yeah, im talking about the boss one, didn't know there where other ones.

@I am wet thanks apparently i have the gcb-95 model

@Reisgar42 i was messing around with one a week or so ago, they are really fun
and yeah, i plan on trying the stuff atleast once before buying it.
If you can't find a looper used, I would look into getting your pedals modded. Analogman, Keeley and Monte Allums are some great places to start looking at getting your DS1 modded.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
if you play rock/blues grab a ibanez ts9 tubescreamer. i have one in front of my marshall and it is absolutly beautiful overdrive
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
Quote by uncboy19
if you play rock/blues grab a ibanez ts9 tubescreamer. i have one in front of my marshall and it is absolutly beautiful overdrive

i would pick up a BBE green screamer over that. you can get one for $60 new on ebay. i think i actually got mine new for $50. they even come with an adapter. they are warmer than the ts9's.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Jhachey22
If you can't find a looper used, I would look into getting your pedals modded. Analogman, Keeley and Monte Allums are some great places to start looking at getting your DS1 modded.

what exactly would a mod do?

@uncboy19 yeah, i was gonna check one out
i've heard amazing things about these

@trashedlostfdup i'll look into it, i dont imagine they are popular(i've never heard of them before)? it might be hard to try in person
Quote by schism8

@uncboy19 yeah, i was gonna check one out
i've heard amazing things about these

@trashedlostfdup i'll look into it, i dont imagine they are popular(i've never heard of them before)? it might be hard to try in person

they have them in GC i think, though at a higher price. they are getting bigger.

in the effects world, when you get into effects, if you do, and especially high end or boutique, you have to buy a lot based off of reviews and video demos.

of all the pedals i own, i have only been able to try about half of them before i bought them, and that half of my pedals are mostly the cheaper more common cheaper ones.

it is very rare to have a store near you that carries a decent variety boutique effects.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
they have them in GC i think, though at a higher price. they are getting bigger.

in the effects world, when you get into effects, if you do, and especially high end or boutique, you have to buy a lot based off of reviews and video demos.

of all the pedals i own, i have only been able to try about half of them before i bought them, and that half of my pedals are mostly the cheaper more common cheaper ones.

it is very rare to have a store near you that carries a decent variety boutique effects.

so i will be able to try it. yeah, when i was a beginner i bought what ever people told me or what ever musicians used the affects i needed

hey, i just though of something. what about a EQ pedal? if i understand correctly, a EQ pedal is like mids, bass, etc that is on most amps, right?
if that's the case, the ac4tv does have none of those.
Last edited by schism8 at Oct 1, 2010,
Quote by schism8
so i will be able to try it. yeah, when i was a beginner i bought what ever people told me or what ever musicians used the affects i needed

hey, i just though of something. what about a EQ pedal? if i understand correctly, a EQ pedal is like mids, bass, etc that is on most amps, right?
if that's the case, the ac4tv does have none of those.

i dont think it has an FX loop though, that is where you would put it to shape the tone of the amp, used out in front, it only EQ's the raw signal from the guitar and really doesnt do much.

i personally would go with an overdrive, what ever you get in the future, you will probably need one, and it would work great now with what you have. i would get a used Fulltone OCD or Fulltone Fulldrive, and use your whole budget. either one would be an overdrive pedal that you would use for the rest of your life. check out thegearpage classifieds, i am sure you will be able to find either close to your range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4diQzCr87qA
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Oct 1, 2010,
Quote by schism8

Short answer, it will make your pedal sound better.

Longer answer, they replace the comprenents in the DS1 that makes it possible to sell it for $35 and make it a better distortion pedal. it reacts more to your playing and lessens the scoop.

It really varies from company to company, so read up on their sites.

Analogman
Keeley
Monte Allums
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
what do loopers really do.???.i have a tascamkdror recorder and it is very complicated ,any info would be helpful.i play caustic and acustic electric.