Hopefully this is the right forum... So just today I noticed that the little hole to screw my whammy bar into is loose, and it wasn't before. As a result, the whammy bar has a centimeter or so of "wiggle room" where it moves without affecting the bridge, and this makes it all but useless for trills, slight vibrato, etc. So basically, what could be causing this, and how can I fix it? Can it be a DYI type job, like just a little bit of glue and it's fixed or something like that? For clarification, it's a Schecter C7FR with a Licensed Floyd Rose bridge.

Thanks in advance!
sometimes there's a little screw to tighten.

behind the bridge,

or

visible at the base of the bar entrance area, when the bar is pressed.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Oh wait a second... it looks like there's a little screw right in the hole that I didn't notice before. Lemme see what that does
How old is the guitar?
Because if it's something like the threading on the internal screw for the whammy is dead, that may require a new bridge all together (unless one of the fine people on this site know of a fix).
I know the early 90s MIM strat that my school had lost the threading, bar would not stay in, and wiggled like crazy. Don't know if this is what's happening to you, but I sure hope it's not...
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
Quote by The Kush
Oh wait a second... it looks like there's a little screw right in the hole that I didn't notice before. Lemme see what that does

eww, maybe it holds something in place.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

The guitar's only about a year old. And it looks like there actually isn't a screw in there, it just looked like one with the bad lighting
I would take it to a nearby guitar store and see if they can figure out the problem.
If it's something serious, most companies have warranties on the parts, and they may send you a brand bridge as long as you didn't do something stupid like wrap the trem arm in sandpaper and then screw it in.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
^Yeah, I'll probably end up just doing that... I just wanna make sure it's not something really simple and easy to fix before I go through all that trouble though.
That's for sure... I drove 30 miles to the nearest guitar tech once for him to tighten a screw on my strat's bridge when it was really loose
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
i'd look for the screw. check under the bridge in the trem cavity. see if there's one underneath.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62