Ok so I'm trying to help a friend learn how to play bass. Does anyone know a simple song that a beginner could learn? Keep in mind that she can't even play a note yet.
Thanks
Teach her how to use the instrument before you make her learn a song. You can't draw a picture without pencils or pens, righ? Make riffs up, teach her how the thing works, THEN go pick a song.
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
We only see each other about twice a week and thats when we are playing at a church. Most of the stuff she will learn by herself I will try to help her as much as I can but I won't ever get to actually sit down and show her how to do something.
the easiest one to learn that i learn first was hitching a ride by green day... keep in mind that its a bad teaching song cuz it doesn't teach you to use proper fretting and stuff... but its a really easy song to learn
http://www.youtube.com/user/ladiesbass

Bass: Yamaha RBX374 (4 String)
Bass: Schecter Damien-5 (5 String)
Amp: Fender Rumble 60
Future Stack: Ampeg SVT-7PRO Head, SVT-410HLF Bass Speaker Cabinet
depends what she likes really...

...if she's anything like my female friends, she'd hate all the music I'd suggest.

But seriously, it's mainly acoustic, but try Coma White by Marilyn Manson...don't be turned off, please, at least check it out!!!
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Damnit - Blink 182

It doesn't get much simpler than that. It's a very simple platform to start developing a sense of rhythm.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass