So title says it all. I've decided to stop eating like crap only problem is for as long as I can remember I've hated the taste and texture of a lot of fruits and veggies. However its been a long time since I've tried so I planned on sitting down with a bunch and trying them all again.

My question is how do you guys go about eating them if you do? Do you eat them raw? Or do you like to cook them with other meals? Also if you know of websites that give tips and different ways to cook/eat them I'd be happy if you shared.
exercise and nutrition thread.

OT: i have the same problem unfortunately.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
i steam and/or boil my veggies and i eat apple slices with peanut butter.
corn on the cob is great with a little butter salt and pepper,as well as green beans i personally like french cut beans or string beans. Oranges are tasty and peaches are okay.
strawberries and sugar are damn good. just try some stuff it's all different.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
The best way, i have found, is to: put the fruit and veg in your mouth, chew, then swallow. Repeat.

As to how to cook them - it depends on the veggie. Fruits are all good raw. Zucchinis, carrots and peas and similar should be cooked for a few minutes in the microwave. Potatoes - there are a variety of ways - mashed, baked, whatever. Onions should be cooked pretty well, or fried or something.

Eating veggies is good, even if the taste isn't always. But keep the stiff upper lip steady and you'll be right.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by killboypowerhed
pears! the best fruit ever!

inb4 lolwut pear

OT: I like most of my veggies cooked. Btw, ever throw cheese on tomates and mushrooms and then cook that on a cookie tin in the oven for like 10minutes? /drool
Great stuff, man. Tasty!
Smoothies. Seriously, they are good for you, taste awesome and don't have the texture
Edit: for veggies I just cook or eat raw
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Last edited by ESPLTDV401DX at Sep 30, 2010,
A fork, spoon or spork can be helpful!
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
All of my meals are based AROUND vegetables. I saute veggies, add some type of protein, and eat it with a carb. For example:

1. Saute onions, eggplant, and squash. Brown some chicken, and add it. Spice with basil, thyme, and oregano. Add cooked pasta.
2. Saute onions and tomatoes. Add black beans. Spice with salsa, chili powder, cumin. Eat with a tortilla.
3. Saute carrots, bell peppers, zucchini. Add chick peas/garbanzo beans. Spice with cumin, lemon, and curry powder, and add tomato sauce to give some flavor. Eat with lentils.

Fruits are easy, just eat them after meals or for a snack. Leave them on the counter so you're more conscious of them and you remember to eat them, otherwise a) you won't eat them and b) they'll go bad.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Quote by blu_flame34
All of my meals are based AROUND vegetables. I saute veggies, add some type of protein, and eat it with a carb. For example:

1. Saute onions, eggplant, and squash. Brown some chicken, and add it. Spice with basil, thyme, and oregano. Add cooked pasta.
2. Saute onions and tomatoes. Add black beans. Spice with salsa, chili powder, cumin. Eat with a tortilla.
3. Saute carrots, bell peppers, zucchini. Add chick peas/garbanzo beans. Spice with cumin, lemon, and curry powder, and add tomato sauce to give some flavor. Eat with lentils.

Fruits are easy, just eat them after meals or for a snack. Leave them on the counter so you're more conscious of them and you remember to eat them, otherwise a) you won't eat them and b) they'll go bad.

I will give you a hearty salary and free room and board to be my personal chef. Jesus Christ, as an on-and-off vegetarian, that all sounds absolutely god damn delicious!
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.