My amp only has the standard tuning EADGBe and I have tuned those strings but I don't know what to do about the lower two strings.

My new guitar also has a string lock so do I just tighten these when I am done tuning?
Attachments:
AAAAAAAAa.jpg
Last edited by 03-13-2010 at Sep 30, 2010,
learn to tune without a tuner
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Is that some thing I can learn to do in the next few minutes I would like to find out what my guitar sounds like?
It should be an F#, the same sound as the 7 fret of the B string, or 2 fret of the E
Spend $10 and buy a chromatic tuner
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
just a thought, are you like STARTING to learn guitar on an 8 string? just seems odd to me, you dont know how to tune on a six string yet, why do you already have an 8 string? just, it seems youd be pretty inexperienced, and wouldnt necessarily know how to use the range on an 8 string, ive been playing for like 10 years and im barely even touching 7 strings lol. mostly cuz theyre less common around here but still lol.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
it's an 8 string, so it should be F#BEADGbe

(p.s why buy an 8 string if you dont even know how to tune it?)

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
I second getting a chromatic tuner. Don't waste time tuning an 8-string by ear with a locking nut or fine tuners, you'll be there for ages and will never get it right.

In standard tuning, I tune the 8th to either F#, which continues the standard 4ths tuning, or I tune it to E for drop-E. Just use the simple 5th fret/open string tuning.
Yeah dude. Boss TU-2. Or a Korg hand held thing. Additionally, tuning by ear isn't that hard...
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
@Linqua5150 Because I wanted to play the 4 octave arpeggios of Final Fantasy Prelude.

@shinhoman Because it's kewl.

@Dayn I'll give that a go.
Last edited by 03-13-2010 at Oct 1, 2010,
Quote by 03-13-2010
@Linqua5150 Because I wanted to play the 4 octave arpeggios of Final Fantasy Prelude.

@shinhoman Because it's kewl.

@Dayn I'll give that a go.

lol, I have it tuned now thanks to those that helped. Funny how they gave me 5 allen keys and none of them fit the string lock.
Last edited by 03-13-2010 at Oct 1, 2010,